Issues with the main site.

May 17, 2020
I engage with the main site via the All Content Archive page since it seems like the most clean way of seeing all the headlines from a given day. Did they remove this link from the bottom of the Magazine page ? I'm now only finding it at the bottom of the Best Of page. I've also been having the following issue for a few weeks now: When i select the current year and month in the All Content Archive it takes a few refreshes for all the headlines to appear.

If this isn't the place for giving feedback/raising issues with the main site then what is ?

Thanks and all the best!

Reactions: Brian Boru
May 17, 2020
Hadn't realised that the All Content Archive was accessible from the main page. Good to know. But yeah it's not there for me on the Magazine tab. I only have the Load More button and it's not doing anything. I'm using Chrome.

me? Yes, but it also showed in Chrome

It shows for me in Edge as well. I don't have the other browser choices.

your page ends just before the first article on my page.
what I mean is you only see as far as Vermintide whereas I have 5 more games under that article. Something odd?

@CParsons I don't know how some of us can see it and others can't?

its odd your page links to https://www.pcgamer.com/au/win-every-past-and-future-valve-game/ as last choice when archive goes back to... 1998. Although first few years only have 2 posts combined. So 2005 looks more real.

Wonder why it chose that page to skip to, plenty of posts inbetween and after?

Last edited:
Something odd?
Usually that kind of difference means we're being served from different servers, and they're not fully in sync content-wise—would typically happen whenever a batch run is done for content, or of course whenever a software update is rolled out piecemeal.

Since I'm in civilization, and you're… well, you're 🙃 …that's probably what's up. We'll see what Chris says.

@WilhelmScream what country are you in?

May 17, 2020
Usually that kind of difference means we're being served from different servers, and they're not fully in sync content-wise—would typically happen whenever a batch run is done for content, or of course whenever a software update is rolled out piecemeal.

Since I'm in civilization, and you're… well, you're 🙃 …that's probably what's up. We'll see what Chris says.

@WilhelmScream what country are you in?
Estonia

Zloth

Community Contributor
I get one like Brian. Maybe the tracker blocking in Edge (and others) is blocking something the code depends on? When I press F12, the browser is filled with angry, red error messages.

That last entry is from way back in 2010, by the way.

Last edited:
May 17, 2020
Tried to load May 2022 because June was also not up to date however many times i refreshed. Got the following:

Error 503 Service Unavailable
Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:
XID: 1051983915

Varnish cache server

May 17, 2020
Good to know. Was just aiming to keep the clutter to a minimum :p My previous post initially wasn't quite as barebones but it kept being declined due to coming off spam-like (and whatever else the alert may have included). Is there a guide somewhere about the words ormessage/sentence structure that the automated systems might dislike ?

Is there a guide somewhere about the words ormessage/sentence structure that the automated systems might dislike ?
There likely is, deep in an admin dungeon, never to see a ray of sunshine. Wouldn't be smart to tell the bad guys what we're looking for!

If you're interested, below is what I respond to people asking "Why can't I post?"

This should explain it:

Read a few threads to get a feel for what's acceptable, if you're still unclear, read these:

May 17, 2020
Thank You SO much for this. The one on the Destiny forum was such a life saver. I had been doing it wrong all along! :S

But yeah i wasn't doing anything obvious. One long sentence, two short ones- both 3-4 words long (spam?). The first one had a reference to myself being blind so i started wondering whether i was being expected to use something like "sight impaired" or some such. I don't remember which changes i did or didn't try but nothing seemed to make the message viable.

Edit: apparently the term "blind" wasn't the issue.

Jun 24, 2022
I have the problem, how can it be solved?

[Mod edit: non-English deleted—PC Gamer is an English-only forum, please post, quote or link only in/to English, thank you.]

Last edited by a moderator:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts