Is this PC worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2020
Visit site
Hello guys, the main question is in the title. Here are the specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7GHz (up to 4.8)

RAM: 32GB DDR4 with 3600MHz (Dual Channel)

Motherboard: B550 (No brand on the site)

Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB SSD

Power Supply: 750W, 80 Plus Gold (No brand again)

GPU: GeForce RTX 3070 8GB

Cooler: In the description it says it's an AIO. (No brand once again)

The price for this computer is ~1800 euros. Since every GPU has blew in price, I was considering buying this prebuilt for my birthday, only the RTX 3070 is ~1400 euros (or at least in my country). Is it good for intensive gaming at 240Hz, 1920x1080? I'm also running multiple apps while gaming, for example Spotify, Discord and many more...

I'm sorry if everything here is dumb or I asked a dumb question but I'm not that experienced with PCs and their parts.
I have attached a picture of it. (8999 Lei = somewhere around 1800 euros, I'm from Romania.)

Hello guys, the main question is in the title. Here are the specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7GHz (up to 4.8)

RAM: 32GB DDR4 with 3600MHz (Dual Channel)

Motherboard: B550 (No brand on the site)

Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB SSD

Power Supply: 750W, 80 Plus Gold (No brand again)

GPU: GeForce RTX 3070 8GB

Cooler: In the description it says it's an AIO. (No brand once again)

The price for this computer is ~1800 euros. Since every GPU has blew in price, I was considering buying this prebuilt for my birthday, only the RTX 3070 is ~1400 euros (or at least in my country). Is it good for intensive gaming at 240Hz, 1920x1080? I'm also running multiple apps while gaming, for example Spotify, Discord and many more...

I'm sorry if everything here is dumb or I asked a dumb question but I'm not that experienced with PCs and their parts.
I have attached a picture of it. (8999 Lei = somewhere around 1800 euros, I'm from Romania.)

That's actually a pretty decent deal.

If you are only going to be gaming, I think a Ryzen 7 5800x might be a better choice. It is the one I choose based on it getting a lot of praise for being the go-to gaming processor. 240Hz, 1920x1080 is a cakewalk for this build and I do think you should be aiming for a 144P monitor if you want to get the most out of the build. Get a larger SDD also while you are on it, as 500GB is on the low side for today's standards and the price for 1TB is not that high. Preferably get 1TB (WD Black SN750 1TB is a good choice) for OS and some games and at least another 2TB HDD (Seagate BarraCuda 7200 RPM as an example) for other stuff.

If you got the wallet for it, I'd also recommend getting a 3070 with 16GB memory. I got the 8GB one and while playing something like Warzone, it does not take much tweaking in the settings before it is going over the recommended limit for the graphic card. 32 RAM seems a bit of an overkill if you are just using a couple of apps and playing a game. If you were editing movies or photos, then it would have made more sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS