is there a program or hardware to boost loudness of audio on DT 770 PRO Headphones connected to Asus Essence STX II Soundcard?

May 21, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

I have an Asus Essence STX II sound card installed on my PC, I'm using DT 770 PRO headphones and I can't figure out a way to turn up the volume as max setting is low. There is no way to turn up the volume on the headphones, is there some form of amp I could purchase to attach to my sound card via 6.2mm jack then connect my headphones to the amp?

I have Logitech speakers which I can plugin and they have a separate dongle which can effectively turn up the volume. But for headphones is there something similar that could be used?

any answers to this would be great as I have been trying to figure it out for a while now.

Thank you!

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
First things first, do you have a program for your sound drivers installed?

If I look at my speakers, which run on Realtek Audio, I've set my volume to "extreme", which makes the sound much louder than on "powerful" or "standard".

KBg3Tnp.png

NwKB2Fn.png

May 21, 2020
Visit site
First things first, do you have a program for your sound drivers installed?

If I look at my speakers, which run on Realtek Audio, I've set my volume to "extreme", which makes the sound much louder than on "powerful" or "standard".

I'm running the soundcard on the Asus essence stx II media centre, I have the volume all the way up on that and on windows 10 volume control. Still not increasing the sound.

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
These cans are 250 ohms right? Your audio card should be able to "power" them , so there's a chance you need to set the right impedance in Xonar's console.

Another option, if you want to go deeper into the rabbit hole, is getting an AMP.

For screens, upload it to some hosting site like imgur and drop direct link here. Should work.

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Reactions: Frindis and Koutspc