Is PC spec OK?

Feb 2, 2021
Visit site
Hi. I use my PC for sim tracing and FPS games. I was wondering if it's time to upgrade or get a new PC. My current spec as follows:

Processor - Intel Core i5 3570 @ 3.4ghz
Ram - 16gb
Graphics card - GeForce GTX 1050ti
OS - Windows 10 Pro x64
Hard drives - 2 x SATA drives. 1 for the C drive (160gb) and 1 for games (1tb)

I'm playing through a 48 inch TV at 1920x1080. Currently game play is extremely smooth and the visuals look great.

All advice welcome.

Reactions: Slowlyo

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Are you sure that the new Call of Duty games run good on this hardware? Unless you're playing on the lowest settings, the performance is probably not satisfying enough. ARMA series could also make use of better hardware. Keep in mind that the hardware prices right now are crazy, so if you're really satisfied with the performance, you should wait until they fall down.

Feb 2, 2021
Visit site
Are you sure that the new Call of Duty games run good on this hardware? Unless you're playing on the lowest settings, the performance is probably not satisfying enough. ARMA series could also make use of better hardware. Keep in mind that the hardware prices right now are crazy, so if you're really satisfied with the performance, you should wait until they fall down.
Would you recommend upgrading bits of my PC or the whole thing?

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Definitely the whole thing. If you only upgrade your GPU to a modern model, the CPU will be a bottleneck. But as I said, now is not the best moment to do so. Wait until the prices drop a little. It should be better in the second part of the year.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS