Is my desktop good enough for vr development?

Nov 24, 2021
Visit site
Hello can someone help 😊. I'm starting school for xr developer and needed to know if my desk top is good enough.
My desk top info,
AMD A9-9410 RADEON R5, 5 computer core. 2c+3G, 2.90 ghz, 8.0 gb 64 bit operating x64 prossesor, widows 10.
Thank you

COLGeek

Suitability depends on the requirements for the applications you intend to use for development.

You typically don't need a lot of performance for the coding part of the process, other processes, including running the developed games will be more demanding.

More memory in your system would help, as would the use of a dedicated GPU and SSD for the OS and main applications.

Reactions: Lutfij and Alm
Nov 24, 2021
Visit site
Suitability depends on the requirements for the applications you intend to use for development.

You typically don't need a lot of performance for the coding part of the process, other processes, including running the developed games will be more demanding.

More memory in your system would help, as would the use of a dedicated GPU and SSD for the OS and main applications.
Thank you for your help, Yes I would need to run developed games as well. What is better, I heard Alienware is the best but can't spend that kind of money, any PC or laptop that would work well that you can recommend?

COLGeek

What is your budget and where do you live? You can use a site like PCPARTPICKER to build out a system.

You can usually build a better system for the money, than going with a pre-built.

However, GPUs are crazy expensive these days, so buying a pre-built with a strong GPU can be a relative bargain.

Do you know what development apps you'll be using?

Nov 24, 2021
Visit site
What is your budget and where do you live? You can use a site like PCPARTPICKER to build out a system.

You can usually build a better system for the money, than going with a pre-built.

However, GPUs are crazy expensive these days, so buying a pre-built with a strong GPU can be a relative bargain.

Do you know what development apps you'll be using?
Thx, I'll be using unity for school purposes, then as I learn more coding I'll do unreal engine.

TRENDING THREADS