Is anyone here playing Escape From Tarkov?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

McStabStab

Community Contributor
Wanted to share this story:

I’ve been doing task runs on customs and woods this weekend but I went back to shoreline to attempt The Signal Pt 1 task. Rooftop satellite dish was easy, made my way through the woods and decided to cross at power station. A PMC engaged me there and blacked out both my legs and stomach. I crammed painkillers into my mouth and rushed him - got the tags and then found the other dish on the cliffs.

I need to make it to pier boat or tunnel and now running is out of the question. Then I realize once I’m close to the gas station I have no water/juice, I forgot to bring some in and my stomach is gone. As I begin to black out a scav chips away at my health from the roadside, but I kill him. Then as i’m heading to the pier I take more shots that I run from. I get to the end of the pier and my tunnel vision finally makes me realize I can’t extract there. I search the nearby two story for anything I can drink, but no luck. Crap, probably gonna die.

I start down the road but get engaged by another scav from behind at the gas station. I kill him but now i need to heal again and am out of painkillers. I limp all the way up to his body and TWO MORE SCAVS engage me there. i kill them as well and in the last one’s pocket i find an adrenaline needle.

I jam it in my heart like pulp fiction and limp alllllll the way to tunnel. If anyone saw me walking i was an easy pickoff but somehow i got there with less than 50 health and didn’t run into any PMCs or scavs. I extracted and completed the task with some decent loot (and a lot of medical skill boosting).

There was about 5 times I thought it was over for me, but I made it. What a game.

Reactions: Frindis and Rensje
Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
Level 20 now, getting through my quests. Where you guys at in your progress? Still playing?

Playing every chance I get in-between having quite a bit of work being done on my house which restricts me using my PC, level 30 at the moment. Hideout doing pretty good, just got the scav box in the hideout.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Sorry to bump a slightly older thread but does anyone know of a single player game like this?
I like the idea of something more realistic but I'm not a fan of PvP stuff like this or PUBG.

@Laini Maybe something like the S.T.A.L.K.E.R or Metro series could be of interest? It is not as realistic as EFT when it comes to the weapons, but it makes up for that in the way you have to try and survive against harsh elements, like monsters and radioactive areas. If this sounds interesting, the last game in the Metro series called Metro Exodus is quite good and even got some pretty good weapon customization and degradation system. Try playing Exodus on the hardest difficulty and you will be in for a great challenge. Just about anything that moves can kill you quite easily.

If you are more craving military tactics, I would recommend Arma 3. Got a lot of good single-player missions you can indulge in and tons of mods to further expand the experience. The downside is that there is not much weapon customization and it is a bit rough around the edges, so will take some time getting used to the controls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rensje
May 2, 2020
Visit site
I really enjoyed the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games so might give one of them a replay.
Metro Exodus was neat but the Game Pass version was a mess for me, it gave me an "Applying changes..." message every single time I launched the game that no joke would last over 9 minutes. This is regardless of if I'd tried adjusting any settings or not.

Did a bit of Googling and since I last played it a couple of people with the same issue are saying it's fixed or offering a fix I hadn't tried so maybe I'll give it another go.

Reactions: Rensje and Frindis
@Frindis those are actually really great suggestions! You could also start with Metro 2033 Redux and Metro: Last Light Redux. Beautiful, atmospheric shooters with a slow, deliberate pace and horror elements. If the atmosphere and the open-endedness is what you like about Tarkov, those games (and STALKER, with mods) are a great start.

If it's the gun customisation you're after, there's games in several different styles that could fit the bill. Fallout 4 has great gun building, as does Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Homefront: The Revolution also comes to mind. You could even have a look at slightly older games like Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. The Ghost Recon series is a good place to start anyway, particularly if the squad tactics and strategic shooting sounds good to you. I'm also a sucker for SWAT 4, an absolute classic. Think Rainbow Six: Siege, but single-player and still highly tactical.

Sniper Elite is also a great series for 'realistic' gunplay, and SE3 in particular is a highlight.

If you like the idea of an open world single-player shooter that has real guns and cars but doesn't necessarily feel too realistic, I absolutely loved Far Cry 5. Some people thought the rural American setting was a bit boring, but that only made it more recognisable for me. It's got a bit of stealth action if you want it, but going balls-to-the-wall is so much fun in that game! Loved the companions as well, particularly the animals. Letting slip your very own dog of war is just super cool, but the grizzly bear might actually be even better!

Reactions: Laini and Frindis
May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hmm, might need to look into Wildlands,

Oh yeah, SWAT 4 is an absolute classic for sure. I'm actually replaying it now. It's criminal we haven't had another game like it since. There's Ready or Not which could be good but who knows.

SE 3 and 4 were a lot of fun too.

Reactions: Rensje

McStabStab

Community Contributor
Welcome to Tarkov! I would certainly be down to play but I just moved my family into a new home and work has been insane this month. Hopefully there are others here that can squad up with you. In the meantime, try to get a feel for the game by looking up maps and alternating Scav and PMC runs. Don't worry about your gear too much, gear fear is a disease!

Reactions: Jeffrey and Frindis

TRENDING THREADS