I was banned from Fallout 76 for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2021
Visit site
I feel like I am trying to fight a brick wall. A few days ago I received an email from Bethesda customer service. It said that my Fallout 76 account had been suspended for cheating. They pasted in a couple of paragraphs from the code of conduct that said no use of third party cheating software was allowed.

I have never used any third party software to cheat. I have never cheated or manipulated the game in any way. I have done nothing against the code of conduct that I agreed to.

I tried to contact Bethesda or ZeniMax Media support. I found that there is no phone number to call. There is no online chat. There is no support forum. The only way to contact them is through email, which they only respond to about once a day.

I found that the only to contest the ban was to submit a ticket to customer service.

When I tried to log on to my Bethesda account, It would not accept my password. I clicked on the “I forgot my password” link, which did nothing. I was not able to reset my password until the next day.

When I finally got into my account I tried to submit a ticket to customer service to dispute the false accusation of cheating. I used the drop-down menu to choose “My account was hacked or suspended” for the subject field. I had to fill out an online form that had required fields. Many of the drop-down menus that I had to choose from did not fit the problem I was having and there was no way to choose other options. One of the required fields was “date of account creation” which I did not remember. The form would not submit until I filled out the required field. I had to put in information I know was not right just to submit the ticket. I put in the comment field that the date of account creation was wrong because I could not remember when it was created.

I was frustrated and confused. Why would Bethesda accuse me of cheating when I had done nothing of the sort? I have been a huge Bethesda fan for years. I played Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4, and now Fallout 76. I ended up submitting 4 different tickets.

I waited patiently for Bethesda to resolve the problem that was obviously an error. I was sure that they would see the error and reinstate my Fallout 76 account.

The first response I received from Bethesda support was an email telling me how to log on to my Bethesda account to find the date of account creation. This was the only thing in the ticket that they saw. They did not read the subject which said “My account was hacked or suspended”. I followed the instructions that they gave. It did not lead to information of when my account was created.

I responded by saying that my problem was not that I could not remember when my account was created but that it was hacked or suspended.

The second response from Bethesda support was a question asking me if there was another email I use because they said my email on file was not associated with a suspended account.

At this point I thought they were joking. I asked as much. There is clearly a ticket on my account that says “Account permanently suspended for cheating.” I gave them the ticket number. I pasted in a copy of the email they sent me saying my account was closed for cheating. I also included a screen shot of me trying to log into my Fallout 76 account and getting a message that says “Account not verified”.

It is like the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

Finally, I received an email stating the following.
“After a thorough review of your account, it has been determined that the account did in fact violate our Code of Conduct. We regret to inform you that your appeal for an account ban reversal is denied due to the evidence within our system for Cheating / Exploitation enabled via a third-party program. This account is no longer eligible to participate in Fallout 76 due to the offenses on this account. Due to the extent and scale of the violation, it has been decided that this account will remain ineligible to participate in Fallout 76 permanently. This decision was not made lightly, and it is final.”

I maintain that I have never cheated. They never gave me a chance to defend myself. They never provided the evidence that I cheated. It seems as if they don't care if I am innocent or not.

All I want to do is tell my story and find if there are other people who have been banned by Bethesda for no reason.

Mindshaker

Reactions: Alvin123
Can we get a picture of what exactly it said in the email about why you were banned? Was it just for the 3rd party reason? Or was there other stuff listed there?

You can also try reaching them on twitter, facebook, instagram etc. if emailing them isn't good enough, which i tend to find true with a lot of places.

May 10, 2021
Visit site
Here is the original email Bethesda support sent me.​

Question Subject: Fallout 76: Account Suspension Notice
Question Reference # 210506-005919​
Date Created: 05/06/2021 05:41 PM
Date Last Updated: 05/06/2021 05:41 PM
Product: Fallout 76​
Message Log:
Bethesda Customer Support response on 05/06/2021 05:41 PM
Greetings,

We regret to inform you this account has been permanently deactivated as a result of violating the Code of Conduct through Cheating/Exploiting.

We cannot allow cheating or the exploitation of the game, as it is in direct violation of the following sections of our Code of Conduct:

5.1 Users are forbidden from using any unapproved third party applications, programs, scripts or any other game modifying mechanic used to change the game play experience on a ZeniMax Game, Service, forum, or other games or services provided by ZeniMax, including the distribution of said programs via ZeniMax services, sites, forums, communities, etc. This would include but is not limited to using or distributing speed hacks, aim bots, mouse controllers, spam bots, automated game play devices, etc. Third party applications are defined as any program, application or script written by an individual, company, corporation, or private party not employed by or contracted to perform services by ZeniMax.

5.2 In relation to online/competitive games, users will not exploit any bug, or abuse any game system (such as the scoring or award systems) in a ZeniMax Game, Service, forum, or other games or services provided by ZeniMax. Users will not intentionally use or share any bug found within any ZeniMax Game, real or fictitious, regardless of whether or not it grants an unfair advantage. You will not directly or indirectly communicate the existence of any such bug to any other user of the ZeniMax Service (in game or on a ZeniMax service). Report bugs and exploits using the in-game portal or via help.bethesda.net/app/home/track/APNLxwpxDv8W~WBpGvEa~yJdAOYqFy75Mv8k~zj~PP~t .

If you believe this decision was made in error, directions for appealing account bans can be found here.

Regards,
The Bethesda Team​
We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 96 hours (4 days).

If your issue has not been resolved, you can respond directly to this email. We look forward to working with you again should you need us!
Make sure you receive your email from Bethesda. Add Support04@bethsoft.com to your Safe Sender list.
©2021 Bethesda Softworks LLC, a ZeniMax Media company. Trademarks belong to their respective owners. All Rights Reserved.​

Zloth

Community Contributor
Oh, there's a reason. Don't expect to see any evidence or anything, though, as that would help people who are cheating refine their code.

When I tried to log on to my Bethesda account, It would not accept my password.
Uhoh. That sounds like the problem right there. Some cheater guessed your password, changed it, then used the account to cheat with. You may not have cheated, but your account did, and now its getting removed.

May 10, 2021
Visit site
That is all fine and dandy. It does not change that fact that I was innocent yet still banned. Bethesda needs to be able to tell the difference between them both. That is probably why the dropdown menu has the subject "My account was suspended or hacked". They don't differentiate between the two. They don't care. I.E. They don't care about their customers.

P.S. The quote from Dr. Who is cute but I believe applies to Bethesda and not me.

CParsons

Staff member
Unfortunately, there's not a lot that can be done outside of the appeal process. It's all between you and them, finding other people to commiserate with likely won't really help either. There's countless cases of people who have been banned out there. Some get their accounts back, others not so much. Just like with every ban.

May 10, 2021
Visit site
Unfortunately, there's not a lot that can be done outside of the appeal process. It's all between you and them, finding other people to commiserate with likely won't really help either. There's countless cases of people who have been banned out there. Some get their accounts back, others not so much. Just like with every ban.

Unfortunately, I am aware of this. I do not hope to get my account back. I just want to make more people aware how bad Bethesda and ZeniMax are.

May 10, 2021
Visit site
You say that there is not much that can be done. I am now thinking there is. If I can find enough people that the same thing happened to, we could possibly start a class action suit against Zenimax for slander and defamation of character. Right now it is just a thought. I guess it will depend how mad I am over this whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS