I Want to upgrade my Gpu

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
i have a ryzen 5 3600 with a used rx 570 for 70€ (Bought it to bridge the gap till the new generations come out) and i can´t decide if i either buy an rtx 3070 or an rx6800 the rx6800 costs 80€ more than the 3070 but i think the additional 8gb of vram is worth it. But i dont want to have the driver problems i currently have with AMD Can someone help me make this decision easier?

What resolution is your monitor? If you're under 4K I'll hedge a guess that 8GB will be fine for 2 or 3 years at least.

Otherwise wait for 6800 etc to release fully and wait a couple months for AMD to catch up with the driver updates. I know a lot of people had problems with the 5700/X at release, but many have been running them without issue since, me included.

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
What resolution is your monitor? If you're under 4K I'll hedge a guess that 8GB will be fine for 2 or 3 years at least.

Otherwise wait for 6800 etc to release fully and wait a couple months for AMD to catch up with the driver updates. I know a lot of people had problems with the 5700/X at release, but many have been running them without issue since, me included.
I have a 1080p monitor but dont you think the 8gb is going to be a problem in titles such as cyberpunk?

I don't have a crystal ball unfortunately. Logically If something next gen designed to impress graphically like Godfall is allocating 6.8 GB at 1080p its likely you'll be fine at ultra settings. As I understand it when games allocate VRAM it doesnt necessarily mean they use it all either.

It might be in a couple of years something will appear that will mean you have to lower a setting or two but I am 99% sure 8GB will be way above minimum requirements for anything in the next 3 years.

TRENDING THREADS