I need some advice please

Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
Hello, I ran into a problem today.
Like 2 weeks ago I decided to buy a new computer, got it, all good.

Played some games, everything went fine except the fact that whenever i try to play GTA V, my pc decides to give me a blue screen of death. ( Memory management code)

Other games run fine, I ran memory tests, stress test, diagnostic tool, no issues found.
Specs: 8gb ram kingston
Rx 570
i3 9100f
Gigabyte h310m s2h 2.0 motherboard

Now my guess is that I have to update my F12 BIOS version to the new BETA BIOS which: "
Workaround beta BIOS to improve Kingston DDR4-2666 stability concern on some specific memory chip suppliers"

Now my question is would this update solve my problem? Is it safe to upgrade to a BETABIOS?
Please any help would be highly appreciated, I don't know where to post anymore.

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
Just wondering, do you have the 4gb or 8gb RX570? And did you try to lower settings? I think you can get into them right? If GTA crashes while playing / loading you're already past the main menu if I'm right.

Go to your event viewer, adminstrative logs and check the "critical" one. It will give an event ID there and eventually an error code. It might help narrowing down where it's coming from.

unknown.png

That's from me, that's an event ID41 for example. Not that it's any usefull for me but an example what to look for :p

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
I'm not on my computer right now, will update in the morning. But I ran cod warzone without problems, I don't know what to say.
I have the 4gb one

Zoid

Community Contributor
4GB of VRAM is fine for GTA V at reasonable settings, but it's iffy for GTA V completely maxed out. This game can hog a lot more resources than you might expect. There will be an option in the GTA V graphics menus to "ignore suggested video memory limits." Make sure that is turned off. It would be a good idea to try lowering all of your settings to low just to make sure you aren't hitting a VRAM wall.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama

I'm not really familiar with GTA V but I believe Zoid knows what they are talking about, and there's some more evidence above if you need it. (Scroll down a bit for GTA V)

Not all games are equal as you can also see from the link, try lowering your settings as suggested and see if it helps :)

Reactions: Zoid
VRAM quantity won't be the issue, since GTA V will run well enough even on 2gb VRAM GPUs. From what I read, anyway:
That used to be a little different on AMD cards where you did get a smoother experience with 4gb RAM but it still ran and 4gb was more than enough.

Other games run fine, I ran memory tests, stress test, diagnostic tool, no issues found.

What exactly did you run, and how/for how long?

Have you tried clean installing the GPU drivers? removing with DDU
and then reinstalling the latest off the AMD site?

Reactions: Zoid

TRENDING THREADS