I need advice to buy PC for under $1,200

Jun 16, 2024
Visit site
I am from Oregon. My interests are usually my university studies and watching the news, however, I am venturing out into the wide world of Gaming and hardware research. I understand that asking a question on a website is slightly informative in itself, but just know that I am doing other searches in a gaming desktop as well. So, I come to this very informative forum to ask every person in here to help in directing me to a desktop gaming system for my daughter.

She's very interested in playing the old games of Laura Croft and also, the newer ones. She remembers those games when she was younger and she wants to get a desktop to play those games online. If any of the community here can suggest a desktop gaming system that is just for a small amount of games and is very humble but is able to bring it on when it needs to.

I just don't want to buy a gaming system that is so powerful that it can be heard breathing on its own when I turn it on. I understand that these systems can be very intimidating. Please know that this system doesn't have to have the capacity to talk to aliens but my daughter would also like to have a gaming system that isn't all about using all those liquids and knowing all those techy replacements in order to play it everyday.

She does school studies as a home student also. I hope to spend a little less than $1200.00 for a fun gaming system without having to break the thing down and add additional things for it to work. I don't know anything like that. Thank you for your expertise and patience.

[Mod edit: changed title for clarity from "oh, hello. I need advice and/or direction".
Added paragraphs.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I am from Oregon. My interests are usually my university studies and watching the news, however, I am venturing out into the wide world of Gaming and hardware research. I understand that asking a question on a website is slightly informative in itself, but just know that I am doing other searches in a gaming desktop as well. So, I come to this very informative forum to ask every person in here to help in directing me to a desktop gaming system for my daughter.

She's very interested in playing the old games of Laura Croft and also, the newer ones. She remembers those games when she was younger and she wants to get a desktop to play those games online. If any of the community here can suggest a desktop gaming system that is just for a small amount of games and is very humble but is able to bring it on when it needs to.

I just don't want to buy a gaming system that is so powerful that it can be heard breathing on its own when I turn it on. I understand that these systems can be very intimidating. Please know that this system doesn't have to have the capacity to talk to aliens but my daughter would also like to have a gaming system that isn't all about using all those liquids and knowing all those techy replacements in order to play it everyday.

She does school studies as a home student also. I hope to spend a little less than $1200.00 for a fun gaming system without having to break the thing down and add additional things for it to work. I don't know anything like that. Thank you for your expertise and patience.

[Mod edit: changed title for clarity from "oh, hello. I need advice and/or direction".
Added paragraphs.]
What is your monitor resolution or do you require a monitor?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.94 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: *Thermalright Assassin X 120 V2 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler ($18.19 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: *ASRock B660M Pro RS Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard ($94.49 @ Amazon)
Memory: *Silicon Power XPOWER Turbine 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($50.97 @ Amazon)
Storage: *Silicon Power UD90 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($104.97 @ B&H)
Video Card: *MSI VENTUS 2X BLACK OC GeForce RTX 4060 8 GB Video Card ($293.00 @ Amazon)
Case: *MagniumGear Neo Air 2 ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: *MSI MAG A650GL 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Operating System: *Microsoft Windows 11 Home OEM - DVD 64-bit ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $931.52
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-06-16 23:17 EDT-0400

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts