I am in search of a game and I came here as a last resort

Apr 13, 2023
Visit site
ok so 2 or 3 years ago I saw a game where this big blue guy with a sword was going to a mountain to collect gems so that he could get his family to a better place or something I dont really remember the plot it was similar to a match 3 game except not you could combo same color monsters endlessly and there would be special enemies that could hit you I tried finding it that way didnt work anyways after collecting enough gems you would need to escape by breaking a gate on the op of the screen does anybody have any idea of the game I am talking about if you need more context I can give more details

Welcome to the forum :)

xzIFOy8.png

Oh dear, you beat the AI :(

Reactions: McStabStab
Apr 13, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

xzIFOy8.png

Oh dear, you beat the AI :(
ok so the game is 2d with a birds eye wiev from the top like cult of the lamb about the match 3 like gameplay your character (big blue guy) which I think they are called gronks is dropped into the arena and you need to collect these purple looking gems (which were called stoneshards/runeshards something like that) when you reach a quota you can leave by destryoing the gate at the top of the screen but to do that you need to get to a specific amount of combo like when you combo 9 monsters you can break the gate and escape talking about combos as I said special enemies would pop up and you also needed combos to defeat them there was also a hub area where you can buy upgrades or temporary buffs for you to use ingame I hope I could give enough info is this enough

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Apr 13, 2023
Visit site
Searching
Gronk = Marvel character name (he isn't blue though) - http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/g/gronk.htm
I can't find him in a match 3 game...
keeps looking
I guess this is too obvious - https://toucharcade.com/2013/10/12/marvel-puzzle-quest-dark-reign-review/ - mainly from Marvel angle.

i can't find anything more. stoneshard or rune shard gets me nowhere... doesn't help there is an rpg called stoneshard

was it a PC game? I assume its indie
I guess it isnt exactly a match 3 game then I have no idea what genre its like it keeps the same components of one by having to match same color monsters but your character has to be near them so that he can go over them and well kil them the special enemies I talked about were like joker cards that you could go over to change the color of the monster you were comboing letting you go even further and yea its a pc game saw it on steam I think it was indie it had a pretty cartoony distinct look ughhh how did I forget its name I sometimes hate my brain it feels like the game just vanished and now I cant find it anywhere

Reactions: Brian Boru
@Pifanjr Heck of a job there! :)

I went down the rabbit hole too, and apart from the RPG Colif mentioned, I only found some unsavory looking pay to play stuff.

ETA:
Hmm, game was very highly regarded as a mobile release, and is also very well received by 100+ Steam ratings. Got a demo, over 1GB :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS