Hunt Showdown - is it worth it solo?

Aug 7, 2023
Visit site
Sorry another post from me…I’ve heard on here Hunt Showdown is good but I’ve also read it’s only good if you play in a team?

I don’t have any friends who play PC but enjoy playing online against random people. Is it rubbish if you play random people on HS - some say it’s not worth it against randoms . It would be good to know what people think on here

It looks amazing so would he disappointing if the above is correct

Reactions: Brian Boru

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
I've over 1k hours in Hunt and this is a tough question, honestly.
It depends - what are you looking for? If community and social aspects of multiplayer game, then Hunt is not exactly for you.
If you look for a unique shooter with great atmosphere and intense firefights and don't mind occasionally cursing as lucky headshots from 100meters from some cheap pistol, Hunt may be for you.

You can play as solo in both game modes: quickplay and the default hunt (I forgot the name lol).
In quickplay you will be facing 12 other solo player, find weapons and tools on the go as you scour the area for clues and progress to the next area while trying to figure out where other players are. This can be fun mode, especially since it allows you to enter for free (I mean, you don't invest in a hunter, you get one for free and you don't pay for any weapon you start with), learn and use a variety of weapons and can be as intense as the default mode. And winning allows you to keep your hunter and their equipment, which is a cool bonus.

In default hunting mode tho, you can either play as solo vs teams of duos/trios or play with a random.
The first option, is self-explanatory. You are one, there are 11 other players in teams and all of them want you dead. You will have to be cunning, sneaky and patient to leave a map alive. Some people hate that. Some people love that.
As for playing with randoms, well, it's playing with randoms. You may get cool people who you will like and maybe befriend to play together, or you may get some randoms who will say nothing, act like very poorly designed doorbells and generally ignore your existence. Very rarely you may find somebody even worse.

There's matchmaking system in place to try and ensure that a match will have "the right level of contestants", in practice this system is very....hm...viable. I mean, you can meet fresh accounts or people with less than 100 kills on the same match as people with 10k+ kills and KDA above 1.5 (which is QUITE HIGH for this game).

At the worst, remember about the 2h refund policy on Steam. This could be anything from 2-3 games of Hunt to maybe even 10, depends on your luck or lack of thereof. ;)

Well this became a bit longer than expected. Sorry :D

Aug 7, 2023
Visit site
I've over 1k hours in Hunt and this is a tough question, honestly.
It depends - what are you looking for? If community and social aspects of multiplayer game, then Hunt is not exactly for you.
If you look for a unique shooter with great atmosphere and intense firefights and don't mind occasionally cursing as lucky headshots from 100meters from some cheap pistol, Hunt may be for you.

You can play as solo in both game modes: quickplay and the default hunt (I forgot the name lol).
In quickplay you will be facing 12 other solo player, find weapons and tools on the go as you scour the area for clues and progress to the next area while trying to figure out where other players are. This can be fun mode, especially since it allows you to enter for free (I mean, you don't invest in a hunter, you get one for free and you don't pay for any weapon you start with), learn and use a variety of weapons and can be as intense as the default mode. And winning allows you to keep your hunter and their equipment, which is a cool bonus.

In default hunting mode tho, you can either play as solo vs teams of duos/trios or play with a random.
The first option, is self-explanatory. You are one, there are 11 other players in teams and all of them want you dead. You will have to be cunning, sneaky and patient to leave a map alive. Some people hate that. Some people love that.
As for playing with randoms, well, it's playing with randoms. You may get cool people who you will like and maybe befriend to play together, or you may get some randoms who will say nothing, act like very poorly designed doorbells and generally ignore your existence. Very rarely you may find somebody even worse.

There's matchmaking system in place to try and ensure that a match will have "the right level of contestants", in practice this system is very....hm...viable. I mean, you can meet fresh accounts or people with less than 100 kills on the same match as people with 10k+ kills and KDA above 1.5 (which is QUITE HIGH for this game).

At the worst, remember about the 2h refund policy on Steam. This could be anything from 2-3 games of Hunt to maybe even 10, depends on your luck or lack of thereof. ;)

Well this became a bit longer than expected. Sorry :D
don’t say sorry that’s a brilliant explanation thanks!! I suppose I do enjoy the community aspect of multiplayer and being able to jump on and get cracking - I am sure I will be shocking to start with but it looks good so worth a try. It’s not cheap on Steam but it could be worse!

Aug 7, 2023
Visit site
Ok, this is a secret, so please keep to yourself :sunglasses:

^ is actually what the forums are for… shh!

Yeah, what were you thinking, making a very useful and informative post. Some people, sheesh!
Ha ha well in that case I have about 10 more threads I’m look to start as I have a lot of questions whilst I’m upgrading my set up 😂 and I am incredibly indecisive

Reactions: neogunhero

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
don’t say sorry that’s a brilliant explanation thanks!! I suppose I do enjoy the community aspect of multiplayer and being able to jump on and get cracking - I am sure I will be shocking to start with but it looks good so worth a try. It’s not cheap on Steam but it could be worse!
You may want to jump into official Hunt discord, there you could find some people to play with and get your bearings. It would certainly ease the burden of entry into the bayou.

Who knows, if you're located in EU, maybe we will meet on the hunt ;)

Aug 7, 2023
Visit site
You may want to jump into official Hunt discord, there you could find some people to play with and get your bearings. It would certainly ease the burden of entry into the bayou.

Who knows, if you're located in EU, maybe we will meet on the hunt ;)
How does discord work I’ve never used it…haha you’d probably be able to spot me a mile away as I’ll no doubt have no idea what I’m doing

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
How does discord work I’ve never used it…haha you’d probably be able to spot me a mile away as I’ll no doubt have no idea what I’m doing
It's free and rather useful for communities, so give it a spin. At the worst you will uninstall it after a while, at the best, you will find servers to dwell on.

And don't worry, I still die to dumb things in Hunt :D

How does discord work

Aug 7, 2023
Visit site

Thanks!! I didn’t quite realise it was an official thing at first - first time hearing about it

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts