Huge Fan -- Please Stop the Video Ads

On my PC I literally can't use the PC Gamer website without an adblocker. On my phone I have JS and I forget what else disabled in chrome principally so I can read the odd article on this and a few other sites.

Whenever I look at a PCG article in Firefox on my phone (where I don't have all that turned off) I can't. I try to scroll the page down to move onto the next tiny amount of text that isn't adverts (advert pics usually account for 2/3rds of the screen), and more adverts practically jump under my fingers trying to get me to press them. Pausing or closing videos doesn't work. The site's utterly unusable.

Sites that rely on advertising revenue I manually set exceptions for to allow through, as long as the site is still basically functional with the ads. E.g. Videocardz has ads but you can still use the site.

Not sure what it is. Slow internet connection on my end perhaps making the ads take forever to load in maybe.

Reactions: Hveðrungr

Zloth

Community Contributor
1. This is the forum, not the magazine site. If you want to see less advertising, you need to talk to Future Pubs.

2. Give them their $5/month and the vast majority of advertising goes away.

3. When you're on the pot, you're supposed to use the MAGAZINE!

4. Doesn't your browser have a do-not-autoplay option?

Reactions: Synack
Jan 11, 2020
Visit site
Have you seen those videos that auto-play but muted? WTF is the point in that? If I actually want to see it it means I have to stop it, unmute it, and restart it from the beginning.

TRENDING THREADS