HP Omen Obelisk 875-0034 too much heat

Jan 13, 2021
Visit site
So I'm still a PC noob and I've been having problems with the processor temperature. The utilization of the processor doesn't get very high but I will be hitting temps of 90 degrees while gaming and the fans will really pick up. The Omen Command Center doesn't read it as "dangerous" temps but I am worried about the longevity of the hardware. I have contacted HP support and they don't recommend using anything but the stock fan (real shocker there). So I am looking to install a new fan that will keep it cooler in a fairly reasonable price range and hopefully without having to dismantle the whole thing to put it in. I am not sure of the fan sizes on it either, another reason I am making this post. Any input or advice is much appreciated.

CPU: i7-9700 @ 3.00GHz
RAM: 16GB
Graphics: GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Motherboard: HP 84FD

I had the same problem with my own PC and before doing anything that could interfere with the warranty (in case you still have that) I ran different system checks, like Windows System Diagnostics. Found out nothing was out of the ordinary and even got the PC sent for a check-up, but they did nada. The major problem seems to be that these fabric made PC's often have bad cooling because of low quality and VERY cramped space. At least that is the case with my shitty PC.

I'm no expert in this matter and I am sure someone else will chime in to help, but I would recommend to check the warranty first and just push for a solution or get your money back if you think it is not up to par. If you can't do either, then install a new cooler or be crazy like I am and just remove one of the side panels. I know people frown upon this, but I can live with a little dust accumulation from time to time if my temperature gets drastically reduced. Also, my PC stands on a table so that helps a lot with less dusty dust.

TRENDING THREADS