How's your first Cyberpunk 2077 run been going?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
19.5 hours in, no game breaking bugs, one or two weird visuals where a car disappeared in front of me, but meh.
playing on a AMD 3600x, RTX 3070, 32 gb (3600 cl17) ram, 2k resolution. 80-95 fps ( w/ rt and dlss) after tweaking settings according to digital foundries. ( was getting 50-60 on ultra with rt and dlss). still one of the most visual stunning games, I have ever played, story rich, interesting npc interactions, and a ton of great lore items to get and read along the way.
only wish there was a way to reset skills, does not break the game, would just be a quality of life thing.
the level designers, quest designers, visual artists are bloody amazing. everything I was wanting and expecting. for me, 10/10
Same set up as me, bar 16gb of RAM compared to the 32 you have. Who are Digital Foundary>? I@ll have a look at their set up recommendations - can you lock it to 60?

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
Same set up as me, bar 16gb of RAM compared to the 32 you have. Who are Digital Foundary>? I@ll have a look at their set up recommendations - can you lock it to 60?
It's a site that delves deep into performance benchmarks and stuff. Here's the video referred above about the ideal PC settings. As you will see in the video, a lot of things can be turned to low because they make almost no difference visually while the opposite is true for some settings. Helped me out too.

Nov 14, 2020
Visit site
Honestly loving the game. Hit a gamebreaker bug about 8 hours into it though that required a new character. Made it past the bug now and been still loving it. The characters (not all, but most) are pretty dynamic and interesting.

May 19, 2020
Visit site
My playthrough is buggy and I have to run it on the lowest settings. Since my monitor is native 4k, I run it at that resolution, but everything is either off or low on the graphics settings, with low population density. I get around 45 fps max. I have an AMD FX 9590 CPU, 32GB DDR3 RAM, and a Geforce GTX 1660 Super. I have finished the Prologue, and I am still in Act 1, but I am taking my time and doing side quests, gigs, and main missions alike.

Reactions: Krud
Dec 18, 2020
Visit site
im running the game smoothly with RTX 2080Ti so no complains here, been enjoying the game and taking the advantage of the glitches to get rich on Night City. I dont mind a thing if id run into odd things in night city, its common among the real world anyway.

im running the game smoothly with RTX 2080Ti

I mean i would hope so! A 2080 ti is well over recommended specs, its an issue when lower tier hardware that was told would run cyberpunk, doesn't, especially the last gen console's,.

My playthrough is buggy and I have to run it on the lowest settings. Since my monitor is native 4k, I run it at that resolution, but everything is either off or low on the graphics settings, with low population density. I get around 45 fps max. I have an AMD FX 9590 CPU, 32GB DDR3 RAM, and a Geforce GTX 1660 Super. I have finished the Prologue, and I am still in Act 1, but I am taking my time and doing side quests, gigs, and main missions alike.

You should try it at a lower resolution. You will def. be able to hit higher fps with higher settings with your hardware listed here. I have a 4k native TV and when i tried to run it with my 1080 i74790k it was horrible lol, so i reduced the res but i cant even tell since its a tv.

My update:
So i was gifted CP from one of my D2 clanmates and have had a pretty good experience so far. I run it at 1080p to get the most frames, but at 1440p so it runs at my native resolution at the cost of graphic settings

Both work real well. I am using a 1080 and an i74790k, both OC. I get 60-80 or so at 1080p with low to high settings (one or 2 at ultra). At 1440p tho i have to drop most settings to medium or below to stay at a consistent 50-60 fps.

Driving hits my card hard tho, with dips into the 30's whether its 1080p 1440p or even 900p. It just isnt completely optimized but it doesnt take away from the beauty the city/wasteland has to offer.

The story is great, the gunplay is OK (Ok to me is that its fun and bloody, but could have taken a lot of notes on shooting from other FPS games). I wind up just using swords and arm blades because sneaking around is kinda annoying in this game esp when theres really no consequence of just running in and cutting/shooting everyone up in an area.

Bug wise? yea i have ran into some, but they have been more of a funny point out than a game breaking one. I have a few pics but i cant upload them for some reason. I have some floating figures, erratic car behavior and watching NPCs you can see they dont have much of a role/a lot start to look the same.

I have had instances where, when someone goes to give me a chip from their head, whatever they had in their hand stays, and it looks like its passing through their head. I have had graphic pop outs too, esp with eyes and limbs, but they have been funny to see, so no major problems yet in this area.

Reactions: Krud and Pifanjr
May 31, 2020
Visit site
Can't write much. Soooo much content and fun to play!
About 60 hours in. Sure, I take patches nice, but that does not keep me from playing more :cool:

Reactions: Krud
The story is great, the gunplay is OK (Ok to me is that its fun and bloody, but could have taken a lot of notes on shooting from other FPS games). I wind up just using swords and arm blades because sneaking around is kinda annoying in this game esp when theres really no consequence of just running in and cutting/shooting everyone up in an area.

I'm melee too, partly because I decided to play with a controller and I find shooting to be nightmarish with controllers (perhaps I should switch to mouse during missions that demand I use a gun.) That might be my biggest beef, actually, the idea that the game often assumes you and/or your V is good with guns. Not once have I used a gun when I had other options. I particularly don't care for the drone-shooting segments. And the mission where my weapon-dealing buddy wants me to compete in a shooting competition, he got all pissy with me when I didn't win, saying "I just thought you were better than that, V." I wanted to reply, "Yeah, well, you thought wrong, I don't care what you saw in that montage earlier."

Reactions: Pifanjr
Dec 21, 2020
Visit site
Been playing it for about 35 hours now and the game runs fine, although pre 1.05 patch i had to apply optimization on my own because i have below minimum specs PC. And i only encounter 3 completely irrelevant bugs.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
More than 60 hours on the counter. The 1.05 patch greatly improved the performance on AMD CPUs. I have 7-8 fps more on my Ryzen 5 3600 with ray tracing on. As for the game, the narrative i in the main plot and some side quests is astonishing. The characters are well written and the game relies heavily on emotions. The plot with Judy Alvarez is a masterpiece. As for bugs, I haven't encountered anything gamebreaking. There are some occasional glitches here and there, but there's nothing to worry about. I'd certainly recommend the game in its current state to all RPG fans if only they have a decent PC to run it.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
And finished the game after 68 hours. The ending was quite surprising. I left some of the question marks in Night City untouched. Why? Check the spoiler fragment. :)

I was certain that after the ending of main story there will be a plot-friendly return to Night City. I was wrong, but the ending was very satisfying. It should serve as an example how to write such moments in games. Slowly paced, no rushes, nice summary of relations developed during the game. In many titles the endings feel like they were developed quickly and in a rush. This is not the case for CP2077.

Can't wait to see the bigger DLCs. Given the CP2077 endings it'll be interesting to see what CDPR has prepared when it comes for main story.:)

Dec 23, 2020
Visit site
I'm about 30 hours in, just a few minor bugs, nothing game breaking at all. It runs well, no regrets on the pre order. PC games have been getting unoptomised ports for years, but console just gets one bad port and that's the end of it.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Dec 24, 2020
Visit site
My system is old and can barely run the game. But even with that I am having a lot of fun. Sure there are bugs, but after playing PC games for 20+ years... I am kind of numb to that concern. Ultimately the main character of the game is Night City, the game is worth playing if only to make her acquaintance.

Dec 26, 2020
Visit site
Just stopped playing after 15h. The game is full of bugs and bad designs. Physic is amazingly bad. People on sidewalks are moving forth and back sometimes just on a 10m long path, looking ridiculous. Some of them are pissing through their clothes or walking. There are twins everywhere (reminds me the first Witcher that was like Clones Land). Lack of lip sync 80% of time. AI is so bad sometimes. I don't remember playing a game where you can grab a bad guy in the street, then a bug makes you release him, and he forgot what you did so you can start again (nice to him), then you try to hide him in a shop and the physic pushes into the roof until you put the body down. And the list of bugs I see is huge. So until they fix this mess, I prefer to play other games as I got several to finish so I can wait.

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Well, I am at about 45 hours played. I have cleared all the murder batman events and most of the gigs and I feel I am close to the end of the story. My thoughts? This game needed AT LEAST another year in the oven. There is SO MUCH to love in this game and almost every element of what there is to love, is another element there that causes me to hate it. The world itself is colorful and vibrant, but when you get right down to it, its actually very shallow. The people of the world make no sense and have some of the worst AI behaviors I have seen in a long time. I have played all the Witcher games and expected the story telling at least to be on the same level, a game where your choices truly do change the story and the side quests are amazing adventures on their own. Without spoilers what I can say is they made factions in the game that have no actual bearing on anything. They put police in the game, but they are a joke. There is an entire mechanic of Street Cred, but it just opened more jobs and no matter how awesome I am, nobody ever knows who I am. The stealth in the game constantly teeters between super OP and completely broken.
For a game that was really advertising making your own style and choices, you really don't have much say in either. You kind of just have to wear whatever the best thing is you can find. Towards the end of the game you can at least craft some things, but my character still generally looks like a cross between a Portland Hipster and a wanna be pimp. You pick up all these awesome modified and customized weapons, but you yourself cannot modify them much outside of optics and a suppressor. Also, weapon variety itself is pretty narrow.
That scene we all saw in the trailers, when there was that fight to rescue the lady and give her to the Trauma Team? Yeah, that's pretty much the only place you will see slightly destructible environments other than constantly exploding debris that will occasionally launch you at a wall faster than the speed of light. Tech weapons are pretty cool, but not sure why they didn't just call them rail guns, which is what they are. Smart weapons are fun, but ultimately outshined by other weapons constantly. I do enjoy a lot of the quick hacks, they make for some fun tactical engagements.

Vehicles... well lets just cut that one short by saying I hope CD Project Red never tries to make a racing game.

TLDR; I really feel betrayed by CD Project Red. Elder Scrolls games are more playable at launch than this game is. It is blaringly obvious this game had very little, if any, testing before they released it. The controls, which are not very customizable, cause extreme frustration. If you try to play a stealthy character prepare to accidentally skip conversations somewhat regularly. Also prepare to miss massive gaps of conversation because the "Answer call" option, is not actually an option. You will answer that call no matter if you are already in a conversation or not. The main story still shines though, you can still see at least some of the talent from the Witcher games was put into the main story and it's characters, its just everything around that story is basically broken. In a year of things that have let us down and betrayed us, I was really really hoping this would help us go out on a positive note. Well... I was wrong.

System Specs:
Windows 10 Pro
i9 9900k
Nvidia RTX 2080ti
64gb 3200 ram
Game installed on a 1tb M.2 drive

Last edited:
Like for many, it's kind of a mixed bag for me. The gameplay is not bad I suppose, except for a fair amount of forced open combat here and there that doesn't make sense. Then elsewhere you can easily stealth your way into places just picking the right route, and a lot of times get to the objective with little to no quickhacks. I also really hate that 99% of devices at best will only distract enemies, quickhacking seems to lack imagination.

The clothing I'm not particularly fond of, as they seem to force high armor stats on the clothes that really look horrible. I swear, I usually look like a clown if I pick the clothes with best stats. Most vehicles are ugly too, so I never buy them. I'd rather slip through traffic easily on Jackie's Arch, or the Scorpion.

Weapons wise it gets a little better, as they at least gave them a variety of attributes, all of which are done well. However a neighbor friend who's been playing it longer than I told me there are more than just suppressors and scopes you can mod guns with, but I've yet to see such a thing.

The performance I suppose is the most upsetting thing, especially since it isn't nearly as well optimized as they claimed with their hardware/settings chart pre launch. Today I spent a fair amount of time watching the Digital Foundry settings recommendations video and applying them. Sure, the settings boosted my FPS a bit, and it still looks pretty good, but I still find that even when I'm averaging 65-75 FPS, the game can exhibit what feels like micro stutter lag. The only thing that can fix that I think is better coding. That said, I also edited the .json file to make it run in true fullscreen, which seems to have taken a fair bit of the lag away, but I had to turn on Vsync, as it also adds an unacceptable amount of screen tear. It still has noticeable lag when in a heated open combat battle though, which is when it affects you most. I've gotten to the point now though where my weapons are good enough to deal with it (smart gun, sniper rifle with NV scope, powerful shotgun).

Honestly, the best part of my holiday season so far is my NFL team winning their division yesterday in a very well fought battle. Gaming, especially on PC, just ain't what it used to be. Ah to the good old days.

Dec 29, 2020
Visit site
I kept my expectations aligned with what I had for Witcher 3 in 2015. And so far It's amazing. A few gremlins in the code every 5-6 hours play but that's forgivable as the game has been superbly engaging so far. I'm playing at a slow pace by discovering and crafting - came out of a fresh end-to-end play through of Witcher 3 so the crafting mechanics are quite intuitive. In fact they are simpler in Cyberpunk 2077. It's been a great experience.

One thing of note I'd like to mention that's indirectly related to CP 2077. I was putting up with the problems I've had with the GeForce 460 series drivers, mainly because we're lead to believe we need at least 460.79 to play the game. Well I just read in an article where the game was tested extensively on both the previous 457.51 driver and 460.79, that at most you get a whopping 2% performance increase, and that's on both 3080s and 2080 Tis. God knows my mere 1080 is not likely seeing any improvement at all.

For the record, my main problem with the 460 series drivers is brightness/gamma adjustment being broken in more than one game, mainly CP 2077 and Black Mesa. I'm pretty sure it's the driver because recently Nvidia had a similar problem with a driver that affected contrast as well, and this started happening right after installing 460.79. So I'm rolling back to 457.51 just to see how things go. I'll update you on my findings.

Honestly, CP 2077 is such a mess between the poor performance and bugs, that it will take a LOT more than driver tweaks to fix it. I'm really trying to force myself to play other games to avoid a bad experience on my first play through.

McStabStab

Community Contributor
Oof, got to the mission where you have to get Takemura past the snipers to speak with Hanouka or whatever her name is and the boss battle with Oda was really broken. I get that he probably is supposed to cloak but that seemed to glitch out and parts of him were half showing half not. And he was clipping through the walls all over the place, even went out of the battle area where I couldn't see him and regained 10% of his health. Once I killed him he curled up in the fetal position hovering a meter off the ground

Then I went to go do something else and palm trees that were supposed to be swaying in the breeze were being entirely folded over by the wind and appeared to be rippling. I was trying to figure out if they were a defunct hologram but regardless if they were, why would they put something in the game that straight up looks like a mistake. I don't think it was intentional.

At the 30+ hour mark really starting to see the imperfections now. Still having a good time, but wishing this was a finished game.

TRENDING THREADS