How reset all data for Halo: The Master Chief Collection

It says when I start the game a pop up page that reads: "Because you're accessing sensitive info, We need to verify your password." It wants me to log into an old email that I no longer have access to, and when I click "sign in with a different Microsoft account" nothing happens it just keeps repeating the same page where it tells me to enter a password to an account I can no longer access. I wish to reset all data for the game. Could anyone please tell me how to do that?

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I guess you could try reinstalling but that might be a bit time consuming considering the size of the game. Have you played the game before with your old account?

I guess you could try reinstalling but that might be a bit time consuming considering the size of the game. Have you played the game before with your old account?
I did try reinstalling the game completely and you're right it was a bit time consuming to do so. However it still did not work as it kept asking me to log in to the old account.

I also indeed have used the old account before to play this game, but currently I don't remember the password.

I also can't try many other options anymore because I factory reset my computer and I no longer have access to my Steam account since I can't use the email it's associated to. So unfortunately I won't be able to fix the problem. Thanks for the help anyway!👍

I filled out that form that you sent me, and I got a message on their webpage that says: "Your help request has been submitted to Steam Support. Your reference code is HT-8PJV-WCF5-K8TM. Once a support agent has responded to your request you will receive a notification email sent to (my email address)".

I got the automated message that said the following: "Hello,

I'm happy to help with this problem. First, I'll need some more information to verify that you're the owner of this account.

There are a number of ways to verify ownership. Click on any of the following links to find what type of information we request for each verification method: credit cards (please do not provide full credit card information), PayPal, activation codes (CD Keys), Steam Wallet codes, and other options.

Please provide at least one form of proof of ownership in your next reply. If you're having trouble finding something that works, let us know. "

The problem is I don't have any of the credit cards, PayPal accounts, activation codes, etc. that I previously used in order to verify ownership of the account. I also cannot respond to the automated message as I only got a notification for it from a noreply Steam email.

Didn't you send me the Steam support guide?
No.

See if you can find help on this page:

I, or anyone else here, can't do anything for you, you must sort it out with Steam.

No.

See if you can find help on this page:

I, or anyone else here, can't do anything for you, you must sort it out with Steam.
Oh okay well I can't do that unfortunately since I don't have any of the credentials. Thanks anyways.👍

Reactions: Brian Boru
Oh okay well I can't do that unfortunately since I don't have any of the credentials. Thanks anyways.👍
Okay, well this is way too late, but if you use Google Chrome, you can type "passwords" into the search bar, and it will bring up all your passwords that you've used while inside Chrome, so if you ever entered Microsoft or Steam via the web, it will have those passwords.

The other thing you can do is to create a new Steam account so that you can actually converse with Steam agents and let them know you've lost access to a different account.

One other thing you can do is to actually call Microsoft's customer service line. You can get the number off of Google. That's the only way to get customer service from Microsoft. Valve also has a phone number.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Okay, well this is way too late, but if you use Google Chrome, you can type "passwords" into the search bar, and it will bring up all your passwords that you've used while inside Chrome, so if you ever entered Microsoft or Steam via the web, it will have those passwords.

The other thing you can do is to create a new Steam account so that you can actually converse with Steam agents and let them know you've lost access to a different account.

One other thing you can do is to actually call Microsoft's customer service line. You can get the number off of Google. That's the only way to get customer service from Microsoft. Valve also has a phone number.
I tried searching for passwords in Chrome already and I guess I never accessed the Microsoft account while in the browser. Maybe I can contact a Steam agent so they can help me get into my old Steam account, as I already did create a new one.

I also tried calling Microsoft as you suggested, however they only directed me online to a virtual agent where they did not have any options to help with accessing a Microsoft account with lost credentials.

I tried searching for passwords in Chrome already and I guess I never accessed the Microsoft account while in the browser. Maybe I can contact a Steam agent so they can help me get into my old Steam account, as I already did create a new one.

I also tried calling Microsoft as you suggested, however they only directed me online to a virtual agent where they did not have any options to help with accessing a Microsoft account with lost credentials.
How do I contact Steam to re-access my old account?

TRENDING THREADS