Question How Much Could I Sell My Used PC For?

Oct 24, 2021
Visit site
I'm thinking about selling my PC as I don't use it as often as I would like to. It's an MSI - Trident A Plus 9SC-642AU desktop from 2020. Which comes with a corded LED keyboard and mouse. As well as a MSI Optix G27 Series 27 inch, 165 Hertz WQHD monitor. Any suggestions on what I could sell it for? I bought all of it for around $3500.

You didn't list any of the important stuff. We need your full specs: gpu, cpu, storage, RAM, etc.

Step one will probably be to take out the GPU and sell it by itself because there is a major GPU shortage, but we need to know what the parts are.

Oct 24, 2021
Visit site
You didn't list any of the important stuff. We need your full specs: gpu, cpu, storage, RAM, etc.

Step one will probably be to take out the GPU and sell it by itself because there is a major GPU shortage, but we need to know what the parts are.

CPU: I7-9700F
GPU: RTX 2060 Super
Ram: 16GB
Storage: 512GB M.2 SSD
Windows 10

Yikes. Well, people are trying to sell them for about $2300 on Ebay, but they aren't having any luck. Probably because you can get a new one for $1600 on Amazon. People are also trying to sell that GPU for $1200 on Ebay, but you can get it new for $699 on Amazon.

So you have some choices. You can either follow suit on Ebay and try to sell it to someone who doesn't know any better for way more than it's worth, or you can try to sell it for less than the new ones on Amazon. You'll probably get a sale that way. Someone has successfully sold a bunch of PC's on Ebay that have a slightly worse CPU for $1099. If it were me, I'd advertise it as a package for about $1300. I just don't think those other sellers are going to get what they are asking.

That's a tough call because you paid so much for the thing. I don't know why it was that expensive (unless you bought it on Ebay). It doesn't seem like breaking it into parts would help.

Best I can do. Good luck.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS