How do you keep your hands warm when typing?

This isn't exactly gaming hardware but, it fits I guess...

I know that it's the middle of summer right now, what with the current temps and all that in 2022, but the AC in my office is killing me, and it’s a constant battle between the workers on who’s gonna have control over the settings and discussions on what’s considered “too cold” or “too warm”. So instead of arguing further, I just accepted it and plan to get myself something to keep me warm in the office. 😅

Quora has been useful with explaining what’s happening to my body, while I found some cool gadgets in this article on how to keep your hands warm while gaming.

Obviously, I’m not going to place a heater in front of me. 🤣 also, I guess hardly anyone would agree with me dragging a heater over to my area.
But I didn’t know that “gaming gloves” existed, 😮 or that there are rechargeable mug warmers like the Ember Cup, which could prove useful not only in this “AC” period, but also later in the year when winter kicks in. at least it has a guaranteed use.

I swear there are a lot of stuff that can have "gamer" attached to it, but some of these stuff I've been looking at are bizarrely cool in a way.

Do you guys have any tricks on how to keep your hands warm in a cold environment? Did anyone use those USB hand massagers by any chance? And are they any good?

Thanks a whole bunch! 🤩

Reactions: Brian Boru
Fingerless mittens?

I only thought of it as I saw someone using them yesterday.

Its winter here, I should wear gloves at night when it approaches 0c and I don't want to sleep yet... like last night.

Hmm, you can get heated Mousepads that act as hand warmers.

Don't suggest to Razer that they should have a Gaming heater covered in RGB

there is this: https://www.zippo.com/pages/zippo-gaming but you need to be a fanboy/idiot to want one.

Fingerless mittens?

I only thought of it as I saw someone using them yesterday.

Its winter here, I should wear gloves at night when it approaches 0c and I don't want to sleep yet... like last night.

Hmm, you can get heated Mousepads that act as hand warmers.

Don't suggest to Razer that they should have a Gaming heater covered in RGB

there is this: https://www.zippo.com/pages/zippo-gaming but you need to be a fanboy/idiot to want one.

1. Fingerless gloves sounds like the most budget friendly option that doesn't need a power source. 😂
  2. hmmm, heated mousepads also sounds like some good options, although the top of your hand will be frosty... ❄
  3. lol, I've already seen something like that but it was just an wacky AI generated image. 😂, but come to think of it, an RGB covered heater would be interesting, no? even if it was just a feat of "engineering" maybe someone should really tell that to razer. 😋

I use an electric stove top!

A few months ago, I had an A10-6800K that I retired. prior to that it kept my room warm during winters, so yeah didn't need gloves or their ilk since I had a room heater.
electric stove? how exactly do you do that? do you just turn it on or do you boil water on it? ♨🥵

also everybody keeps recommending their ☢ nuclear PC as an alternative heater. 😂

true, use an FX CPU and have a mini nuke to keep house ablaze in winter... but most people want a PC that is useful as well.
Dual purpose much? 😂

also I found this nuclear PC when looking up the term on google, looks cool BTW, feels like fallout or something. 🤩
13403870_891829167612210_6625617011532407835_o.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
I did not realize zippo had these "gaming" things. 🤯 also the price too.... lol. 🤣

just two days after mentioning fingerless mittens I found a pair so if its cold later I will use those so some of my hands are warm. Its raining here so unlikely to need them until next Wednesday now.
that's cool that you got some, also if you use fingerless gloves, won't the tips of your fingers still feel cold then? 👐 🤔

Yeah, I always like to have 3 or 4 hands unfrozen.
This fellow would like to have a word with you two, with some of your hands.... he'd like some more...😉

2e3c290161556a9eb85e018600f5eaa4.jpg

And if you don't want to talk to this guy, there's this other guy that also wants to chat with you. 😋

gilgamesh_xiii_2.png

• Haha
that's cool that you got some, also if you use fingerless gloves, won't the tips of your fingers still feel cold then? 👐 🤔
that is a drawback I discovered almost right away. Need gloves made of thinsulate but probably full finger gloves (normal gloves). Hard to stay warm and keep enough sensitivity in fingers to feel keys.
Lucky they didn't cost me anything so it was a free discovery

• Haha
Reactions: redmark_
I am never cold when inside, so I don't have this problem. Now that I'm retired, I'll probably never wear anything but shorts again. My wife is almost never warm. If it's 100 degrees out, she'll say, "It feels good outside as long as you don't get in the shade." She uses fingerless mittens and, occasionally, a space heater.

i see very greasy keyboards needing to be cleaned.

How hot do they think PC get?

Its not ideal to have enough heat in PC to cook a chicken... i suspect it draws power from PSU. So which is more important? Chicken gets cooked or GPU gets power?
3kw PSU needed to cook chicken and run 4090 TI in 8k

since 99% of cases don't have CD drive trays anymore, or space for hdd, where exactly in PC does it go?

I smell April Fools - https://landing.coolermaster.com/kfconsole/
and yet it was announced in December... wtf - https://www.windowscentral.com/kfconsole-worlds-first-gaming-pc-built-chicken-chamber
still very much vapour ware though. They stopped talking about it, but site still exists.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZedClampet

TRENDING THREADS