How Do I Set Up My Keyboard To Avoid Wrist Pain?

Mknott

Staff member
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
So lately I've been seriously feeling a pinch in my wrist when I'm typing for long periods. Working remotely and using my own setup means that I've probably been doing this all wrong.

I don't have any wrist support, which is potentially the issue, but the reason I don't have support is because it was causing me pain. My question is how do people avoid wrist pain and set their keyboard up to minimize it? Does anyone have any recommendations for stand alone wrist supports or some super secret tips and tricks for how you set things up?

Reactions: JSimenhoff

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
What keyboard are you using?

The way I feel it now (it may sound really stupid) is not to do long sessions haha. I don't have work where I need to use the keyboard for hours in a row, but with gaming I'll do a session of 40 minutes to an hour, then take a few minutes break.

As for keyboard setup, I'm not sure if this is true but I did hear that not putting out the legs beneath your keyboard is best.

Also, I'm not sure if you're into replacing a keyboard, but as I posted in another topic recently: Microsoft has an ergonomic keyboard (link). I used a simular one for quite a long time and never had pain or issues.

TRENDING THREADS