Question How are these Parts for a 400$ PC?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're at just about the lower limit of what it's sensible to spend, in that spending less will result in you spending more to replace parts much sooner.

Would there be any way of saving up the extra even if it meant delaying the purchase perhaps?

Sep 29, 2020
Visit site
I put the build into Partpicker and this is what I got:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($114.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($74.98 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($67.47 @ Amazon)
Storage: Kingston A400 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($46.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: ASRock Radeon RX 570 4 GB Phantom Gaming D Video Card ($143.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case ($55.49 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Smart RGB 500 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $558.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-29 11:38 EDT-0400

What you find with Amazon, especially with the pandemic, is that when something is out of stock or hard to find, marketplace sellers up the price a lot and try to overcharge people.

I guess if Amazon don't offer the best prices for a particular component, buy it elsewhere or buy something similar that they do sell.
if they dont have on amazon I will go to my local Gaming Store to find it cause they sell PC parts but a bit expensive and might not have older modules

Be careful you don't end up spending more in a brick and mortar, if budget is tight. Microcentres can apparently have good deals. Why not other online retailers that aren't Amazon?

I'm in the UK rather than US, so not familiar with any differences of shopping in the US

Zoid

Community Contributor
@THORLLAMAS approximately where are you located geographically? If there's a microcenter near you, then yes, they often have deals that are as good as or better than what you can find online. I have a Microcenter in my city and I love going there. But you should also look online at Newegg and B&H photo. Both are reputable sellers and can sometimes be cheaper than Amazon. PCPartPicker automatically selects the lowest price it can find among online sellers (and indeed Newegg and B&H were both sellers in the list @Oussebon put together).

If you do go to a physical store, do be just a little bit careful not to make an impulse purchase. It seems like you're new to the PC building game, so if you're seeing tempting items on the shelves (or if a salesman is leading you down a different path), there's nothing wrong with sleeping on it, doing more research, and then coming back another day to make the purchase.

From the recommendations so far in this thread, you should be able to put together a Ryzen 3 3100 and Radeon RX 570 build for a bit under $600. I would try to stick with that as a baseline, even if it means you have to save up a little longer.

On the high end of the PC spectrum you get diminishing returns when you start spending many hundreds of dollars for that last 10% of speed. Well, on the low end of the PC spectrum you get a kind of similar inverse effect happening, where you can end up sacrificing a proportionally large amount of performance to save those last few dollars. This is why it's often better to wait a little longer and save up if ~$100 makes the difference between an APU system and a system with a dedicated GPU.

Sep 29, 2020
Visit site
Hey @Zoid, I am Actually in the Middle East and they dont have a micro center in my region, just a question thought have you ordered peices from newegg and are they trust worthy, because if they are and they have better prices then yes i would want to order from them.

Zoid

Community Contributor
Hey @Zoid, I am Actually in the Middle East and they dont have a micro center in my region, just a question thought have you ordered peices from newegg and are they trust worthy, because if they are and they have better prices then yes i would want to order from them.
Oh I see! I'm afraid I don't know much about pricing in that region. But if you're ordering from American online retailers then yes, Newegg is a reputable seller. They are one of the larger computer parts and consumer electronics sellers and I personally haven't had any issues with the parts I've ordered from them.

see
Hey Guys I am thinking of buying myself some cheap parts to make myself a 400$ PC, I have never built a PC before and dont know if I will succeed therefore I dont want. to put to much money into it, here are my parts, all I need is a Second opinion from you. Please tell me if there are better parts on amazon for only a few bucks more or even for less.
Thanks Have a nice day.

Parts:
Also does the thermal glue come with the core?
this wouldnt be the best for gaming like if u wanna play triple a titles ur stuff will be pushed honestly id say save up some more

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS