Horizon Zero Dawn.

I haven't played, but there have been plenty of scattered comments about it—which you can find by pasting…
Horizon Zero Dawn
…into the search box at top of screen.

Captain Bluntru strikes again, I'm trying to strike up an in-depth conversation here Bri. The last time I revived a dead thread @Colif and @Frindis got sassy with me.

I am assuming it's not your type of game?

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru
trying to strike up an in-depth conversation
Oh understood, should get traction too. That was just something to both quell your impatience and kindle your enthusiasm—yes, I've handled kids before.

assuming it's not your type of game
That is correct—it's too new. When it…
Reaches maturity and most bugs in the 'Complete Edition' are pronounced fixed by the community;
Has had all the DLC it's going to get;
Has a robust collection of great mods;
Is dirt cheap in one of the big sales;
…then it could well be my type of game :)

@Colif and @Frindis got sassy with me
Environmental hazard, I fear—I regard 'em like boss fights, just keep a couple of healing potions hidden away.

• Haha
Reactions: HenrykForkbeard
The last thread on topic is 18 months ago, I think we can let him start a new one :)
Reaches maturity and most bugs in the 'Complete Edition' are pronounced fixed by the community;
Brian only installs things that are finished, so he is still using Windows 8.1 since win 10 won't be finished until its last version and well, no support then... swings, roundabouts. If you want finished, you better not need support :)

It seems i have shortcut for paint 3d but not the actual program. Tricky
I click icon and nothing happens, its only after looking apps and not finding it I start to question.
I wasn't going to use it, I was just curious. 3d viewer doesn't seem to work either... goes through all the apps he hasn't used before... only those 2.
Groove music fails, can't see any of my music on Onedrive, so ... it appears I don't have many bands then. Silly Microsoft.

He isn't missing anything.

One advantage to win 11 is no Candy Crush. I guess those in the Xbox app.. nope, only solitaire. OH no, what am I to do...

I seem to have wandered off topic. Sorry about that.

It seems i have shortcut for paint 3d but not the actual program. Tricky
I click icon and nothing happens, its only after looking apps and not finding it I start to question.
I wasn't going to use it, I was just curious. 3d viewer doesn't seem to work either... goes through all the apps he hasn't used before... only those 2.
Groove music fails, can't see any of my music on Onedrive, so ... it appears I don't have many bands then. Silly Microsoft.

He isn't missing anything.

One advantage to win 11 is no Candy Crush. I guess those in the Xbox app.. nope, only solitaire. OH no, what am I to do...

I seem to have wandered off topic. Sorry about that.

All I'm reading is that "Windows is a mess of an operating system"

I hate the latest Windows and this weird "Family" concept for different user setups on the PC. It feels like I need to update the software every 2 to 3 days as well, always wants to restart.

But yeah, so anyways Horizon.. fan? I heard there trying to develope a Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War TV Series (I could be wrong).

Yes I enjoyed HZD. I like it as a different take on the post apocalypse and the robots that inhabit the Earth are beautifully designed. I also like the variety of landscapes from the cold, snowy north, down to the hot deserts.

I'm not sure how many hours I've played, but I swear I still find new places to explore and there's many remnants of the world we live in; tanks, old cars, playgroud swings.

Once Aloy has the gear and skills she can just enjoy the lush vegitation and take out any machines with a bit of planning(+over ride and corruption arrows).

I played through HZD on the PS4 Pro. I thought it was a great game, and it still is. For open world games, it's one in my top 5. What really stands out for me are the NPCs and side quests, kind of like The Witcher 3 in some ways.

I avoided the game for some time, because I didn't really like the whole fighting robots with bow and arrow and a spear, but when you start playing and get into the story, the premise for the game makes sense.

Reactions: HenrykForkbeard

Zloth

Community Contributor
It was a good game for sure. It did start rather slow - I was almost to the point of quitting the game about 10 hours after leaving the starting area. Once I got to the top of the tall tower in the main quest and the game started giving proper hints as to what was really going on, it got vastly more interesting!

You can throw bombs with a sling
None with bees. Most unfortunate, that. (BioShock had a plasmid to throw bees at the target!)

Really? Perks up.

Check out Far Cry Primal, if you haven't already—the game which made me a bow fan, and the spear is a great medium range weapon there.

That settles it, HZD is a definite try sometime in the distant future. Even if it doesn't have bee bombs…

I've only heard bad things about FarCry Primal, would you recommend this & is it similar to HZD?

FarCry Primal, would you recommend this
Oh yeah, definitely. If you're familiar with other FC games, this comparison post might help. My current ranking of FCs is 5, 4, Primal.

heard bad things about FarCry Primal
Anything specific bother you?
I've seen criticism for lack of guns, which is like criticizing a dog for barking, and also because it's a reuse of the FC4 map—but what a beautiful reskin, I had no idea until I read it somewhere.

Oh yeah, definitely. If you're familiar with other FC games, this comparison post might help. My current ranking of FCs is 5, 4, Primal.

Anything specific bother you?
I've seen criticism for lack of guns, which is like criticizing a dog for barking, and also because it's a reuse of the FC4 map—but what a beautiful reskin, I had no idea until I read it somewhere.

Nothing in particular, I think you've got to be pretty stupid to expect guns in a primal world, just people seemed pissy about it in general. I've loved every FC game I've played so didn't understand the hate really.

Nothing in particular, I think you've got to be pretty stupid to expect guns in a primal world, just people seemed pissy about it in general. I've loved every FC game I've played so didn't understand the hate really.
I think people hated it because it was so different than every other Far Cry game. But they shouldn't judge it as if it's one of the mainline numbered games. The people who hated it were expecting Far Cry, and they didn't take it for what it was meant to be.

I considered it briefly when waiting at length for the type of PC games I prefer to release. In the end though it didn't look like my cup of tea. A lot of it just looks too weird, like the creatures being a bit too mechanical for my taste. This seems all the more strange to me since the game world and clothing NPCs and the protagonist wear look natural and even primitive. This just doesn't make sense at all.

Last edited:
I think people hated it because it was so different than every other Far Cry game. But they shouldn't judge it as if it's one of the mainline numbered games. The people who hated it were expecting Far Cry, and they didn't take it for what it was meant to be.

The old adage of people wanting developers to not keep creating the same game over & over again, so they make something different and everyone is bothered by it.. wonderful.

TRENDING THREADS