Help with my Lenovo Ideacentre y700

Jan 28, 2021
Visit site
i need to know what processors will fit in my standard motherboard?

im looking to upgrade my processor as my games are lagging, i just bought 16gb ram, but hasnt really made a difference im due to upgrade my gpu to the GTX1660ti very soon, but need a better processor but unsure which ones will be suitable? i use ddr4 ram, does this matter?

any advice will be so greatful, thank you.

Feb 3, 2021
Visit site
Those lenovo's have proprietory motherboards and are not easy to upgrade because you cannot just add a larger power supply to supply a better proc without some special connectors that are hard to find . I have a lenovo t540 with a 9700 coffee lake i7 and a gtx 1660ti and it games pretty solid as it is , but cannot add a sound card I would like to because of the power issues and space . The best solution with oem systems like this is to just get a new tower box and mobo and take the best parts from the lenovo (graphic card if it is worthy , and ram ) and get one that supports the processor you are after .Remember, with budget builds you want the best proc first , then the best gpu you can afford , then ram then sound .And as always of course , go about 30% over power requirements for the total build .

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS