Help / suggestions for first gaming PC

Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
Hello guys,

This is my first gaming pc build. And I would like to hear if you have any suggestions to add or change on the build.
I am from Serbia - Europe btw so the prices are pretty different here tho.

Here is the pc:

- Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max ~ 111 €
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.60GHz ~ 170 €
- Graphic card: GeForce RTX™ 2060 GAMING OC PRO 6G ~ 347 €
- RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) CL16 DDR4-3600 ~ 86 €
- SSD: KINGSTON A2000 PCIe M.2 500GB ~ 61 €
- HDD: SEAGATE BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200 rpm 64 MB SATA 3 ~ 36 €
- PSU: Corsair TX550 ~ 84 €
- Case: MS TITAN II PRO ~ 62 €

I have 2 questions:
  1. Is that PSU enough for this build?
  2. Is that RAM good? or should i go for HyperX in that bracket but CL17 speed?
Any suggestions?

Cheers!

Seems fine overall, looks nice.

I'm not sure about the case. It looks like it's probably okay, but I don't immediately see any good reviews of it online so it's a bit of an unknown quantity. if it were me buying a case, I'd get one I could find a review of for thermals, noise, etc

350€ sounds a lot for an RTX 2060. They are available from ~300€ or less. Spending 50€ more on one compared to, for example:
won't get you any meaningful performance benefits.

Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
Seems fine overall, looks nice.

I'm not sure about the case. It looks like it's probably okay, but I don't immediately see any good reviews of it online so it's a bit of an unknown quantity. if it were me buying a case, I'd get one I could find a review of for thermals, noise, etc

350€ sounds a lot for an RTX 2060. They are available from ~300€ or less. Spending 50€ more on one compared to, for example:
won't get you any meaningful performance benefits.

I wanted Gigabyte RTX 2060 because of the 3 fans. Is there any difference?
I've watched some reviews for RTX 2060 and thought it is best in term of money / quality.

And what do you think about that RAM? Don't know much about "Crucial" manufacturer.

If you're going for the GPU because review say that specific model and its 3 fans are quieter, then fair enough, but for general performance there's no difference and RTX 2060 GPUs tend generally to not be very loud. But that's up to you. If it's just for performance, a much less expensive one is fine.

350€ is so expensive for an RTX 2060 that you can buy the superior RX 5700 for the same price though, so be aware of that.

Crucial are a major brand in memory - it's in fact a brand of Micron, who are one of the few actual DRAM manufacturers (Micron, Samsung, SK Hynix).

Reactions: Uzelac91
Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
If you're going for the GPU because review say that specific model and its 3 fans are quieter, then fair enough, but for general performance there's no difference and RTX 2060 GPUs tend generally to not be very loud. But that's up to you. If it's just for performance, a much less expensive one is fine.

350€ is so expensive for an RTX 2060 that you can buy the superior RX 5700 for the same price though, so be aware of that.

Crucial are a major brand in memory - it's in fact a brand of Micron, who are one of the few actual DRAM manufacturers (Micron, Samsung, SK Hynix).

Thank you very much for the info :) This helps me a lot with my shopping!

I don't know much about GPU so I read only reviews on the internet.

I'm not interested in anything fancy or RGB about GPU, I just want good performance!

That is why I wanted gigabyte or some well know manufacturer . :)

So there will be no difference in terms of performance if i buy EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO Gaming?

P.S. I will use PC for gaming mostly.

Jul 31, 2020
Visit site

I have one more question I forgot to ask.

I'm also looking for 144Hz gaming monitor.

What do you think about ASUS TUF Gaming VG249Q ?
Or Msi optix mag241cv in that price bracket.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS