Help pricing my old PC.

Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
Hi there! I just finished upgrading to a new build, and the only things I've kept from my old build were my GPU and one of my SSD's. I was going to put my PC on Craigslist or Ebay, but wanted to see what people thought was a reasonable price. I was guessing $500-600, but I don't know. Here's the part list.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4 GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor ($290.22 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 70.69 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII IMPACT Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR3-1866 CL10 Memory
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR3-1866 CL10 Memory
Storage: *Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($69.93 @ Walmart)
Case: Corsair 250D Mini ITX Tower Case
Power Supply: SeaSonic 450 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($108.78 @ Other World Computing)
Monitor: LG 29UM67P 29.0" 2560x1080 60 Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($299.95 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired Optical Mouse
Total: $788.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-08 02:18 EDT-0400

The CPU is overclocked to 4.4ghz just with the Asus bios generic overclocker. The ram is Corsair Vengeance 1600, but there was no button for that option on there.
The K70 media keys don't work, but the volume scroll and everything else does just fine. It has O-rings on it.
The monitor has very minor burn in from when I left the PC on for a weekend and the screen saver didn't come on for some reason. You can only barely see it when the screen is pitch black.

I didn't want to gouge anyone, and don't desperately need the last dime out of what it's worth. Should I just say 500 flat to get rid of it? Thanks for any advice.

That pricing might be ambitious. Ultimately it's only worth what someone will pay for it - you might get lucky and find someone happy to pay that sort of sum or more, but, conversely, if someone posted that spec on this forum and asked if it was worth $500-$600 to buy, I'd probably tell them to just build something new that actually has a warranty for that sort of money.

And that hasn't been run with the Asus overclocker, which certainly in older versions for 3rd/4th Gen Intel tended to overestimate the voltage required.

See what similar specs are selling for, and price accordingly or as you see fit I guess. There's no objective valuation. Check local classifieds too in case someone willing to buy locally is ready to pay more I suppose. There might be fewer buyers, but there will also be fewer sellers than on ebay so less in the way of pricing expectations. You might get a bite.

Another option is to review what price the parts sell for and sell the parts separately. Or at least sell the peripherals separately.

TRENDING THREADS