Help needed with Windows 10 2009

Feb 21, 2022
Visit site
Hello

(I am not a native English speaker so if I wrote something wrong I'm sorry about that)

I originally had Windows 7 but a few weeks ago I upgraded it to Windows 10. I brought it up again from the basement after previously it not waking up, about a few years ago (at the time I wasn't so dedicated to fix it so it went back to the basement). I cleaned the desktop and made sure that it could work like before.

Now whenever I shut down the PC (sometimes it just goes off without me needing to click on something) it goes to sleep mode and then I have to kind off do everything until something else other than the "monitor going off to sleep" is on the monitor. I turn off the power, holding different keys down to see if something will change, changing the places of 4 RAMs (2 blue and 2 green), taking out the battery and waiting a few seconds. Usually when I take out the RAM and replace the 2 different colors with the place of the 2 other colors, to see if something will change sometimes the PC turns on but other times I take out the lithium battery while also doing the whole RAM thing previously. Right now the PC is working and is on but I don't know how long this will last until another "Monitor going off to sleep".

Mind you, that I am not good with tech related stuff so I just watch tutorials on YouTube. I recently got a TDR failure (not once, but many times) so I watched the video from JayzTwoCents
This is the video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8OLhUAPDq0

And I used DDU to uninstall Nvidea in safe mode.

I did everything except the Nvidea graphics download, when I tried to download the Nvidea it said "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware". I also tried downloading GeForce Experience, but it said "required Nvidea GPU". I also don't know my product series and product type, etc. So I have no clue which driver I should download. I also don't know if I should download Intel, Nvidea, ADM, Catalyst or ATI. I had downloaded Catalyst but I feel like the problem is not solved.
To be honest, I don't know what the problem is but I think it has something to do with my graphic drive. It probably needs to update (but I have clicked on ATI Radeon 4600 "update driver" already and it says that I have the best already.

I also tried playing games but then a blue screen appeared that was I think "Video TDR" and then it went to sleep mode.

Pictures of my PC...:

c21ee0ba-7567-4a37-9e9b-815c974f2eac
7599ac4a-df74-4b46-8ce1-7a0ff46dedeb
dd63d328-d20a-436c-8dea-e342384660df
984ae546-a454-46e8-b4cb-616e917dc782
a378e983-0409-4fc2-92c2-c31e51637dca
c25d37a5-7d0e-4414-9c21-85b712cbbf9e

Welcome to the forum :)

Nvidea graphics download
You don't want that, you have an AMD graphics card—AMD is a different company to Nvidia, one's software won't work with the other.

If you're removing and adding back physical components while your PC is still plugged in, please stop—that's dangerous.

The rest I'll leave to one of our experts, who should be along shortly.

Reactions: MaddMann
Feb 21, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

You don't want that, you have an AMD graphics card—AMD is a different company to Nvidia, one's software won't work with the other.

If you're removing and adding back physical components while your PC is still plugged in, please stop—that's dangerous.

The rest I'll leave to one of our experts, who should be along shortly.

Hi
I tried to do exactly what the youtube video did, so he uninstalled Nvidea in safe mode and I did the same by using DDU.

Then i am curious about what i deleted since you say two softwares can't work with the other. But i have to say that the PC were acting this way (sleep mode, failure...) before i even deleted it. It had been acting like this a few years ago.

Could you add a little more information to the thread?

Please list the specs to your culprit system, with the following;
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You might need to take off the side panel to get to know what you're working with in terms of the PSU since that's never going to show up with a software. You could also use GPU-Z to show you what your GPU is in the build. You can also use CPU-Z to show you your specs to the system, also to show you what your motherboard BIOS version is.

As a last note, perhaps recreate your bootable USB installer for Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tools in case you need to reinstall the OS from scratch. While the system is operational, it's a good idea to backup any and/or all critical content so they aren't lost in a mishap.

Feb 21, 2022
Visit site
K
Could you add a little more information to the thread?

Please list the specs to your culprit system, with the following;
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You might need to take off the side panel to get to know what you're working with in terms of the PSU since that's never going to show up with a software. You could also use GPU-Z to show you what your GPU is in the build. You can also use CPU-Z to show you your specs to the system, also to show you what your motherboard BIOS version is.

As a last note, perhaps recreate your bootable USB installer for Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tools in case you need to reinstall the OS from scratch. While the system is operational, it's a good idea to backup any and/or all critical content so they aren't lost in a mishap.

Hi

If you see the pictures i have already put some of them already says what it is.
But I can write it again
984ae546-a454-46e8-b4cb-616e917dc782

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz
Motherboard: MSI - 2A9C
Ram: 12 GB
SSD/HDD: not sure since the the PC is n
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
PSU:

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2022
Visit site
Right, then that reduces some of the info I was asking for. You have an H67 chipsetted motherboard. You still need to get CPU-Z, tap on Mainboard's tab and parse a screenshot of what you see. Also, how do you have 12GB's of ram? Your PSU's info is missing as well as the GPU. Is the PSU in the build as old as the processor?

HP Part Number: 570856-001

And on the PC i already had CPU Z but will try to turn it on.

The PSU requirement for the 4600 series is 400W for the entire system. A PSU that came bubled with the prebuilt will not be outputting the same advertised wattage after a decade due to wear and tear(degradation).

Also, I generically keyed in p6361sc on HP's support portal to see what sort of support you have access to. First off, the BIOS versions seems off. Secondly, the platform doesn't officially have support for Windows 10, so after your upgrade, did you manually reinstall all relevant drivers for your platform in compatibility mode;
Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility tab>Windows 7(from drop down menu)
?

Third, you state the issue being around prior to today. Was the issue before or after your migration to Windows 10?

Reactions: Brian Boru
Feb 21, 2022
Visit site
The PSU requirement for the 4600 series is 400W for the entire system. Also, I generically keyed in p6361sc on HP's support portal to see what sort of support you have access to. First off, the BIOS versions seems off. Secondly, the platform doesn't officially have support for Windows 10, so after your upgrade, did you manually reinstall all relevant drivers for your platform in compatibility mode;
Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility tab>Windows 7(from drop down menu)
?

Third, you state the issue being around prior to today. Was the issue before or after your migration to Windows 10?
The issue was before I had upgraded to Windows 10. As I already had said in the beginning that this happened a few years ago and at the time I wasn't interested in fixing it. But I have to say after watching the youtube video I probably deleted something related to Nvidea. At the video at 9:56 that is where i deleted the Nvidea.

You can't possibly assume that you've removed Nvidia related drivers or installations that triggered the issue, since your chipset isn't made by Nvidia, let alone the discrete GPU which has been established to be made by AMD. So there's nothing that is on your prebuilt that will require an installation from Nvidia's camp.

If the issue was prior to Windows 10 then the problem can be that your prior OS was corrupt to begin with(which only carried over with the OS upgrade, which is why you're advised to reinstall the OS after the upgrade process, manually reinstalling all relevant drivers for your platform before the OS has a chance to automagically source drivers for your platform) or that your drivers were corrupt or that your PSU needs replacing.

Last edited:
When I tried to open GPU-Z it said driver not found. Try reboot. and then it opened.
That could be a precursor to a dying HDD, corrupt OS or corrupt GPU drivers or an amalgamation of all of them.

GPU-Z's main window/tab should show you the exact AMD GPU you're working with. With CPU-Z, my concern is with BIOS version(which is Mainboard tab).

but before I could do that the PC went to sleep mode
You sure your system isn't powering off?

Last edited:
I am not a native English speaker
Where are you located and what task do you primarily want your decade old prebuilt to perform?

Do you think it could get fixed or should i just buy a new desktop?
We haven't identified the issue, in a concrete manner, so your guess is as good as mine.

Often times, replacing parts on a decade old system tends to end up becoming a dive down rabbit hole moment when there is more than one component that's trying to say goodbye. That being said, you need to identify the issue before applying a solution. The solution could be a new desktop(if the cost of replacing parts is the same as buying a new desktop) the take away from a new system is that concurrent system's can and will run circles around a decade old system on any given day(or task).

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2022
Visit site
I live in Norway. I want to play video games but also do video editing and etc. Before I could even play GTA V, cs go and other sorts of games on the PC but now the game starts but then it crashes (glitch), TDR failure comes up.

I live in Norway. I want to play video games but also do video editing and etc. Before I could even play GTA V, cs go and other sorts of games on the PC but now the game starts but then it crashes (glitch), TDR failure comes up.

Plain and simple, you need a new PC if you are wanting to play games. This PC wasn't good for playing games when it was new 10 years ago. Now it's probably not going to work at all. If you want help selecting a new PC, let us know. We can tell you what to look for. Entry level gaming PC's cost $1000 to $1500 these days.

Or you could get a Steam Deck for about $500, but there is a wait for those.

But if you still want to try to fix your current PC, here's my suggestion for a first step.

I would try this. First of all, you probably need to go back to Windows 7, and I think that maybe your old Windows 7 was corrupted. Go to this page:

And create a USB flash drive that will install a fresh copy of Windows 7. Boot using the flash drive. You may have to press F2 or some other function key to enter the bios on your computer and tell it to boot from the flash drive.

Once it is booting to the flash drive, pay attention to the options it gives you. You want to do a clean installation. In later versions of Windows that meant that you would choose "Custom" installation and go from there.

If you don't do a clean installation, Windows will lazily carry over the corruption from your old installation.

Anyway, do a clean install of Windows 7. This will either fix the problem or tell us you have a hardware (probably PSU) issue.

Feb 21, 2022
Visit site
Plain and simple, you need a new PC if you are wanting to play games. This PC wasn't good for playing games when it was new 10 years ago. Now it's probably not going to work at all. If you want help selecting a new PC, let us know. We can tell you what to look for. Entry level gaming PC's cost $1000 to $1500 these days.

Or you could get a Steam Deck for about $500, but there is a wait for those.

But if you still want to try to fix your current PC, here's my suggestion for a first step.

I would try this. First of all, you probably need to go back to Windows 7, and I think that maybe your old Windows 7 was corrupted. Go to this page:

And create a USB flash drive that will install a fresh copy of Windows 7. Boot using the flash drive. You may have to press F2 or some other function key to enter the bios on your computer and tell it to boot from the flash drive.

Once it is booting to the flash drive, pay attention to the options it gives you. You want to do a clean installation. In later versions of Windows that meant that you would choose "Custom" installation and go from there.

If you don't do a clean installation, Windows will lazily carry over the corruption from your old installation.

Anyway, do a clean install of Windows 7. This will either fix the problem or tell us you have a hardware (probably PSU) issue.

Thanks for the help. I will try them as soon as the pc starts again but it hasn't started it is still in sleeping mode. Inside the PSU were a lot of dust so i cleaned it.

Also can you recommend which PCs are good? The max i can pay is 1500-2000.

Thanks for the help. I will try them as soon as the pc starts again but it hasn't started it is still in sleeping mode. Inside the PSU were a lot of dust so i cleaned it.

Also can you recommend which PCs are good? The max i can pay is 1500-2000.

I don't like recommending brands, but shop around and find one that has the following components:

Graphics Card: Nvidia 3070 or 3070ti (if you find 3080 series in your price range, grab it)
CPU: either AMD Ryzen 7 5800X or Intel I7-12700K (anything in that ballpark)
RAM: 32 GB
Storage: 1TB NVMe (at a minimum)

Just take whatever PSU and motherboard comes with it. You can't really shop for a prebuilt PC with particular motherboards and PSU's. You'll be looking forever.

This should be attainable in your price range and will run any game and be great at video editing.

Feb 21, 2022
Visit site
I don't like recommending brands, but shop around and find one that has the following components:

Graphics Card: Nvidia 3070 or 3070ti (if you find 3080 series in your price range, grab it)
CPU: either AMD Ryzen 7 5800X or Intel I7-12700K (anything in that ballpark)
RAM: 32 GB
Storage: 1TB NVMe (at a minimum)

Just take whatever PSU and motherboard comes with it. You can't really shop for a prebuilt PC with particular motherboards and PSU's. You'll be looking forever.

This should be attainable in your price range and will run any game and be great at video editing.

Is it possible to buy a pre-built pc then change the components like the PSU and motherboard or is it better just to build one? I have never made one but i think it looks easy. Because when i went through Windows 7 it was alright there were no problems and already the pc was ruined so i have no blqme on that.

Is it possible to buy a pre-built pc then change the components like the PSU and motherboard or is it better just to build one? I have never made one but i think it looks easy. Because when i went through Windows 7 it was alright there were no problems and already the pc was ruined so i have no blqme on that.

Sure, you can upgrade the components of a pre-built PC. You may find it hard to get reasonable prices right now, especially on graphics cards, because of the semiconductor shortage.

You can use this site to pick parts and check compatibility: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Building a PC is pretty easy, but you need to study up on it and be really familiar with everything before you start installing components because there is a real possibility to destroy expensive components pretty easily.

Feb 21, 2022
Visit site
The pc turned on.
When I tried to open GPU-Z it said driver not found. Try reboot. and then it opened.
That could be a precursor to a dying HDD, corrupt OS or corrupt GPU drivers or an amalgamation of all of them.

GPU-Z's main window/tab should show you the exact AMD GPU you're working with. With CPU-Z, my concern is with BIOS version(which is Mainboard tab).

but before I could do that the PC went to sleep mode
You sure your system isn't powering off?

GPU-Z: The BIOS version that I have is 011.015.000.013.033721

CPU-Z: BIOS version 6.16

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS