Question HELP! gpu not performing

Jun 14, 2022
Visit site
Hello everyone. I've just upgraded my gpu from a GTX 1050 TI to a RTX 3060 but it doesn't perform at all in games! when i benchmark it, it does its jobs good but in game in only get around 20 percent usage and around 40 percent cpu usage. I've basicly tried everything i reinstalled drivers, updated chipset drivers, updated bios, reinstalled windows and so on but nothing helps... Can anyone help me out please! My setup: ASROCK B450 STEEL LEGEND AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU ASUS ROG STRIX 3060 GPU 2X8 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200 RAM CORSAIR CX650F PSU

Asus has overclocking programs you can use to bump up GPU/CPU usage. Those will help. Theres a couple of other changes you can make in your bios too but i recommend STONGLY RESEARCHING anything that deals with your BIOS.

ASUS overclocking software (similar to MSI Afterburner or EVGA's Precsion X1 which both work with any GPU)-->

Personally i recommend using MSI Afterburner, been using it for years and its never given me a problem.

Reactions: Brian Boru
I know this is probably not the problem, but sometimes you have to ask the simple questions. You made sure to plug your monitor into the video card port, and not to the port on your motherboard, right? But I see you're using a Ryzen 5 2600, which doesn't have onboard graphics, so I doubt if that's the problem.

Also, you did make sure to hook up the 8-pin power connector to the video card, right? (I think the 3060 uses an 8-pin)

One of two things are usually the problem.

1. Your CPU is the bottleneck. Even though it shows that it only uses 40%, it might still be too weak, as the game you are playing doesn't support using all cores. Also remember to set your ram speed/XMP.

2. Maybe you have enabled Vsync. Check Nvidia control panel.