Headphone random conversation

Page 9 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
I didn't need a usb c to a cable, I needed usb b to c. Slapped self when I got it.

Lucky I have a spare usb a to b cable, so just needed an adapter from a to c. Brother has one i borrowed but it only works if I don't bump anything. Probably get a better one tomorrow. Current one unplugs if i move dap, needs to be more secure

LwgjwB2.jpeg

Dap linked to Aune means i don't need pc to get most of my music and listen using best headphones. Might use set up over summer. Can get an adapter that can charge dap as it plays.

Strangely songs that work on pc don't work on the dap. Only some don't. No idea why. Main reason not to just keep using the set-up once pc fixed. That and I can't charge dap as it plays, right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZedClampet
All the headphones I have are wired, and I needed something that was Bluetooth for my phone, so during Amazon Prime days I picked up a Skullcandy Crusher with 50 hours of battery life.

Even as a basehead, I can admit that these have too much base. Fortunately, it's somewhat adjustable on one of the ear cups. But they have great sound overall and a nice sound stage and ANC so I can't hear my wife during long trips.

The new iPhones (I wish I had an android) have put the 3.5mm audio jack back, but it will be a long time before I get a new phone. Plus, Apple's audio encoding/decoding is traditionally not very good, so a wireless headset may actually make it sound better (not sure about that).

Skullcandy Crusher
I knew you mention bass in statement somewhere, as soon as you said name
Is that a Crusher or Crusher Evo?

does it have an app? seems there is a slider somewhere that effects Bass

the bass in those is just wrong at full. I remember those now, thought they might break my speakers listening to conversion.

Think Apple phones use AAC codec to talk to headphones

Last edited:
I knew you mention bass in statement somewhere, as soon as you said name
Is that a Crusher or Crusher Evo?

does it have an app? seems there is a slider somewhere that effects Bass

the bass in those is just wrong at full. I remember those now, thought they might break my speakers listening to conversion.

Think Apple phones use AAC codec to talk to headphones
It's actually this one:

The base is pretty extreme and may be too heavy for some people even turned all the way down on the headphones, but when I'm on my PC I can use my DAC equalizer. I'd rather have headphones where the bass has to be adjusted down than headphones that are incapable of bass at all. I've had a few of those.

I don't like too much bass, it drowns out most of the other frequencies. My brother used to turn it all the way up on our family stereo, whereas I prefered a balanced approach.

thick bass can be defined as Muddy unless its through Crushers... then its like concrete.

If anything, my headphones are mostly more treble than Bass, though that wasn't intentional.
Big difference between how my IEM sound compared to Arya's, mostly in how much treble there is in music, hard to hear some womens voices in my IEM. Whereas IEM have more bass... they also described as a "Fun"signature.

I had wanted new IEM now, but not replacement ones for ones I already had... guess its free. Using different ear tips, they sound a little different. Only bought them as at time I hadn't found a whole bunch of websites that have so much choice now.

That sound signature you have there is called "Fun" and its what most headphones below a certain price aim for, as a lot of people like it. I tended to avoid Bass Boosted headphones. Always have. Sometimes It gave me little choice. As that is all I could find.

I am old enough to remember Boom Boxes.. including the massive ones you seriously couldn't carry around. I been buying consumer grade audio for most of my life, its only this year I wanted to hear better. I can't afford better than what I have now, so I think I have found out. I currently don't want any more headphones. About time?

Might still get some Maxwells next year just to have a pair for games. That was reason this thread started...

Last edited:
I don't like too much bass, it drowns out most of the other frequencies. My brother used to turn it all the way up on our family stereo, whereas I prefered a balanced approach.

thick bass can be defined as Muddy unless its through Crushers... then its like concrete.

If anything, my headphones are mostly more treble than Bass, though that wasn't intentional.
Big difference between how my IEM sound compared to Arya's, mostly in how much treble there is in music, hard to hear some womens voices in my IEM. Whereas IEM have more bass... they also described as a "Fun"signature.

I had wanted new IEM now, but not replacement ones for ones I already had... guess its free. Using different ear tips, they sound a little different. Only bought them as at time I hadn't found a whole bunch of websites that have so much choice now.

That sound signature you have there is called "Fun" and its what most headphones below a certain price aim for, as a lot of people like it. I tended to avoid Bass Boosted headphones. Always have. Sometimes It gave me little choice. As that is all I could find.

I am old enough to remember Boom Boxes.. including the massive ones you seriously couldn't carry around. I been buying consumer grade audio for most of my life, its only this year I wanted to hear better. I can't afford better than what I have now, so I think I have found out. I currently don't want any more headphones. About time?

Might still get some Maxwells next year just to have a pair for games. That was reason this thread started...
My favorite headphones of all time are these:

The sound is just incredible and you can wear them every minute for the rest of your life without getting uncomfortable.

Sadly, I don't think they make them anymore. Glad I got mine when I did.

No that model but they still make wireless Headphones, unless I found a pair on special they out of my price range for wireless headphones, or any in general

H100 meant to be better than my Bathys but then they cost 1400 more here, so they better be.

Cheapest there are 1100... my Bathys are valued at 1300 now but I only paid $800. Most I paid is 1100 for the Arya which I can't actually buy here so no idea what price would be... cheaper Hifiman headphones are about that price here so I expect I would have paid more had it not been on Amazon US.

i sometimes get itchy ears wearing Arya but I can't tell I am wearing them mostly

Last edited:
No that model but they still make wireless Headphones, unless I found a pair on special they out of my price range for wireless headphones, or any in general

H100 meant to be better than my Bathys but then they cost 1400 more here, so they better be.

Cheapest there are 1100... my Bathys are valued at 1300 now but I only paid $800. Most I paid is 1100 for the Arya which I can't actually buy here so no idea what price would be... cheaper Hifiman headphones are about that price here so I expect I would have paid more had it not been on Amazon US.

i sometimes get itchy ears wearing Arya but I can't tell I am wearing them mostly
I felt comfortable spending that kind of money on headphones when I was employed. Not so much anymore. I mean, I'll spend a fortune on my next PC, but I'm not as willing to do that on headphones since I'm not an audiophile. These Skullcandy headphones cost $159, and they are fine for me. Plus I still have the H6s I can break out when I want to.

I love buying headphones, though. I have way too many. But they are mostly cheap headphones--under $200.

Edit: I think the crushers were actually half-price when I bought them, but it was half of the suggested retail price of $229.

I don't have too many headphones - over time, yes, but most of those are broken now from use.
1 pair of wireless In ears that I got for free last year and would only use if every other option didn't work. I don't even carry them around anymore. No ANC so can hear everything, not loud enough to drown it out. I think I only used them once, was enough to know I didn't want to keep using them.
2 pair of wired IEM - I prefer wired IEM as harder to lose when attached to a cable. For most part can use volume on them to block noise. Only downside is cable can break but they use dettachable cables so just buy another one... unless its half cost of IEM.
2 pairs of wired Over ear headphones. Don't leave my room.
1 pair of wireless over ear headphones (well 2 but one pair is mostly dead now, they were reason I started looking at headphones last year). These also don't leave my room which makes them.... pointless? I use them on DAP sometimes.

I want another pair of IEM as still not happy with the ones I bought. But that can wait until next year.

@anort3 probably has more than I do... maybe. Over ear anyway?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts