Question Good Gaming PC performance suffers after running for few hours. HELP!

May 6, 2020
Visit site
Good day,

My issue lies when I have been playing Modern Warfare Warzone or Multiplayer for over 1+ hours. When I first run the game everything feels crispy and smooth and the game is not experiencing any issues. However, after that 1 hour mark the game begins feeling delayed. Even though my fps show 120+ it feels like 60 with V-sync on. Aiming across the screen feels dragged and slow. Usually can be fixed by restarting the computer. I thought that it could be an overheating GPU or CPU. However, my GPU and CPU temps are completely fine. I have also noticed recently that this doesn't just happen because of me playing the game. For example, when I've been using the computer for 1-2 hours to web browse or watch videos, I try playing the game after and it feels the same. The same issue persists in other games such as Valorant which doesn't even require that much PC power. This issue is bothering me so much and games are unplayable, please help!

My specs:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core 3.40 GHz
Video Card: Radeon RX 590 Series Sapphire 8GB
RAM: 16 GB

UserBenchmark Test:
UserBenchmarks: Game 65%, Desk 78%, Work 67%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 - 81.5%
GPU: AMD RX 590 - 65.1%
SSD: Intel 545s Series 128GB - 79.1%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2018) - 94%
RAM: Unknown TEAMGROUP-UD4-3000 2x8GB - 101.5%
MBD: Gigabyte GA-B450 AORUS ELITE

Last edited:

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
By the looks of it, the games are installed on an HDD? Which could (but not neccesarily) cause problems, because an HDD is just slower.

Also, how full is your HDD? The fuller it gets, the slower it will get, and both the use of an HDD and how full it is will affect performance.

May 6, 2020
Visit site
By the looks of it, the games are installed on an HDD? Which could (but not neccesarily) cause problems, because an HDD is just slower.

Also, how full is your HDD? The fuller it gets, the slower it will get, and both the use of an HDD and how full it is will affect performance.
Yes, it is installed onto my HDD and it's empty and clean. However, I am not sure if this is the issue because from the fresh PC restart it runs very quickly with no issues. The issues only show after PC been on for 1-2 hours. Also, my Valorant game is installed onto SSD and has the same problems.

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Maybe something is memory leaking? Monitor how your RAM usage is increasing - does it always increase as time passes on? Could be some app is causing this.

HDD shouldn't make everything slower with time, altho checking it's S.M.A.R.T. values is always fast and good option.

You may also check your RAM with memtest86 if everything else fails.