Question Why am I getting bad performance when I should be getting good or at least decent performance?

Apr 5, 2023
Visit site
So, I'm new to PC gaming and i've always seen those videos where people have really good gpus and games look awesome so I bought a pc and some time after that I bought a gpu, and I obviously noticed that the games are 1000 times better but also that the performance is off like in newer games such as Cyberpunk 2077, Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Wo Long it doesn't really reach 60 fps instead getting like 40 to 50 fps and the games kinda stutter as well and I don't really know what could be the cause. I am frustrated because I've watched videos of other people playing those same games with my same components but they run much much better than mine so I wanted to ask for help with this issue. Cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650g Gpu: Radeon RX 6600 Ram:16GB

I’m no technician but I’d like to help. Let’s start with some basic questions to try to troubleshoot the issue.
1. Did you build the PC yourself?
2. What sort of power supply are you using?
3. Are you using an SSD or hard drive?

Some quick off the cuff tips would be to make sure your RAM is slotted correctly for dual channel (mobo manual or YT videos will show you how), XMP is disabled in your BIOS settings, Windows power settings set to energy saving, drivers not up to date, or your PC is bloated with unnecessary software.

I hope we can figure out how to get the most performance out of your machine!

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
A big gotcha to add to the good advice above:

♣ Turn off all other apps which are running before you launch a game.

If you bought the PC, there are probably lots of crapware running which you don't know about, or have ignored. You may also have some gaming apps running, like overlays or chat or… Toggle MS Game bar on/off.

You can use Task manager to kill most of this stuff—and make sure to have a look in TM's Startup tab to minimize what starts up when you boot your PC.

♦ How much free space on your game drive? What kind of drive is it?

Reactions: neogunhero

TRENDING THREADS