Genres you cant seem to get into

With all this buzz swirling around about Baldur's Gate, i am reminded that i just cant get into turn based strategy games. I used to play 1 or 2 back in the day but i just cant now, maybe ive lost patience, but i just don't feel that's it, i own DOS 1 and 2 and i just cant seem to pull myself to finish them or even complete it for some reason. Anyone else have a genre like this?

McStabStab

Community Contributor
Platformers. I grew up playing Mario, Metroid, Castlevania, etc. I cannot finish platformers for the life of me. The last couple I purchased were Cuphead and Little Nightmares - both great games, but every time I play one of these I lose interest really quickly. Many of my friends recommend Celeste, Hollow Knight, and Ori, but I know it would be a waste of money to try them out.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Real Time Strategy games. I made it through the first Command & Conquer but I haven't finished a proper RTS since. (Though I did enjoy BattleZone and Sacrifice, which are essentially RTS games.) I just don't like having all those pieces moving at the same time. It spills over into 4X games, too. For instance, I love Distant Worlds right up until battles start happening - and then I don't have much fun at all.