Gaming Monitor Help

Jul 14, 2020
Visit site
Hi all - I just bought an Alienware Aurora 3080 system which should arrive in late April. Need some help deciding which monitor to get for this system. This will mainly be for productivity and also gaming.

Monitors I am thinking about are 1) Samsung Odyssey G9 2021 model w/ mini LED 2) ROG Strix XG43UQ or 3) LG CX48 TV and use as monitor.

Ideally, I want HDMI 2.1 so I can use my PS5 too (I know the G9 is not confirmed to have HDMI 2.1). Thoughts welcome

Mar 19, 2021
Visit site
Hello,
The Samsung Odyssey G9 2021 gaming monitor features the same design as the original G9 monitor. Still, this new version uses Quantum MiniLED technology to offer an improved brightness compared to the previous version.
The Quantum MiniLED technology also offers heightened contrast ratios when compared to the standard LED backlight. This monitor offers stated to offer a peak brightness of 2,000 nits in places while displaying HDR content.

Reactions: Monsphire and Faiq

spvtnik1

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Since you're getting a 3080, I would be sure to take advantage of adaptive-sync technology. If not an actual G-Sync certified monitor, then one you can confirm works with it. This way you can take advantage of the high frame rates that card is going to push. The G9 looks like a fine choice if your budget can handle it.

Reactions: Faiq

TRENDING THREADS