Gaming computer case

My son ordered lots of parts and is having a clash between the graphics card and the cooling system. If I posted the hardware specs here could anyone suggest a new case or alternative solution? He's pretty disappointed and it'd be good to see him not so defeated after his first attempt.

Thanks..

Reactions: Why_Me
My son ordered lots of parts and is having a clash between the graphics card and the cooling system. If I posted the hardware specs here could anyone suggest a new case or alternative solution? He's pretty disappointed and it'd be good to see him not so defeated after his first attempt.

Thanks..
List the components please including the case and let us know what country you are located and what is your budget.

List the components please including the case and let us know what country you are located and what is your budget.

austraila nsw $3000

ASUS TUF GT301 mid tower,
asus rog strixrtx 3070 ti 8gb 3fan,
master coller ml240l v2 ,
intel i5 12400
samsung evo 970+ 2tb
corrsair vengeance ddr5 64gb
corrsiar rm1000e
asus rog strix z690 gaming wifi

the cooler and the mother board are clashing.

Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you elaborate ;
is having a clash between the graphics card and the cooling system.
what you're referring to with this?

Is the AIO mounted at the front of the case or the top?

If the parts are already in hand, images of the build would help us two fold. A video might also help, considering some instances where the GPU needs to be placed in a specific order - i.e, you remove the front fans of the case, then install the GPU and then install the front fans since there's probably little clearance aka wiggle room with some parts pre-installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Thanks for your replies and sorry about my delayed reply..

Somehow my son has solved the clashing of components and now has got it to boot up to the BIOS screen. He just can't seem to get Windows going. He's done so far well but is telling me we are gonna have to take it to our local computer store to get them to sort it out. The guy there isn't real friendly to kids who buy online and try and build their own machines so I want to try and avoid that guy if possible.

Its now stuck on the ASUS Rog BIOS screen if yous have any thoughts?

Thanks for your help we appreciate your input ;)

Reactions: Brian Boru
what did he do to fix the clashing?

Did he reset bios? Perhaps the boot method has swapped
ask him to look on page 80 and check the status of CSM. If he reset bios, it should be on. If he has win 10, he might want it off.

if its got secure boot on, the boot menu option may not help.

The guy there isn't real friendly to kids who buy online and try and build their own machines so I want to try and avoid that guy if possible.
He might not like to competition or he might be tired of fixing problems made by people making own PC. Considering how much of a rip off OEM PC are, its sad he feels that way. Some repair stores just want to do simple email problems. Don't want to know about a custom water cooled pc that won't boot.

Sydney? I expect half the value of that PC is the GPU. It is on mine, currently can't get my model so its value on PC part picker is only 2k... nvm, its on a website again - https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/LyYF9r

TRENDING THREADS