Gaming Audio.

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
@Kovanen Good question. I'd say it will make the sound pop more, especially since you'll be able to hear more around you, and also you have mixer/profile settings to use for different types of genres. To be honest, I have not really dabbled that much with those settings, I merely choose one of the default settings and feel perfectly fine with those.

Jul 18, 2022
Visit site
@Kovanen Good question. I'd say it will make the sound pop more, especially since you'll be able to hear more around you, and also you have mixer/profile settings to use for different types of genres. To be honest, I have not really dabbled that much with those settings, I merely choose one of the default settings and feel perfectly fine with those.

I wasn't sure if it's really worth the investment, given the wide genre of games I play and my music collection being very eclectic, ranging from Heavy Metal to Drum & Bass and Hip-Hop.

I do think the G3 compliments a good headset and I enjoy listening to music by adjusting the simpler settings like bass/treble and being able to listen to the different instruments in the band. I'd say it is a good investment if you already have a really good headset doing the major work and just want to get some more juice out of it without spending too much. I'm sure something like EPOS Sennheiser GSX 1200 PRO would be much better, but god damn it also costs a lot of money😁

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jul 18, 2022
Visit site
I do think the G3 compliments a good headset and I enjoy listening to music by adjusting the simpler settings like bass/treble and being able to listen to the different instruments in the band. I'd say it is a good investment if you already have a really good headset doing the major work and just want to get some more juice out of it without spending too much. I'm sure something like EPOS Sennheiser GSX 1200 PRO would be much better, but god damn it also costs a lot of money😁

Well I am using the Sennheiser PC37X at the moment, but I miss using Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro and getting a Blue Yeti mic instead.

Wonders why creative sound cards have rgb on them... you can't see the cards, its at bottom of PC underneath GPU. Must have a strip along edge
Best Asus one costs 1200 here...

Most of the DAC are for headphones it seems. While they look good, I don't really need them.
1. I have Logitech 5.1 speakers - Z906
2. My Sennheiser headset is Bluetooth (though its more for travel)
3. I don't want a microphone attached to PC, Win 11 already compllains I won't give it access... to my non existent microphone.

Its been... a long time since I had a sound card. I had a Turtle Beach soundcard and a Creative one, though perhaps not in same PC.
I wouldn't mind one but I chose my Motherboard specifically to get 5.1 sound, the cheaper models only have stereo which wasn't a choice for my speakers.

Jul 18, 2022
Visit site
Wonders why creative sound cards have rgb on them... you can't see the cards, its at bottom of PC underneath GPU. Must have a strip along edge
Best Asus one costs 1200 here...

Most of the DAC are for headphones it seems. While they look good, I don't really need them.
1. I have Logitech 5.1 speakers - Z906
2. My Sennheiser headset is Bluetooth (though its more for travel)
3. I don't want a microphone attached to PC, Win 11 already compllains I won't give it access... to my non existent microphone.

Its been... a long time since I had a sound card. I had a Turtle Beach soundcard and a Creative one, though perhaps not in same PC.
I wouldn't mind one but I chose my Motherboard specifically to get 5.1 sound, the cheaper models only have stereo which wasn't a choice for my speakers.

That's a lot of speakers, you are for sure an audiophile at that price..

5.1 isn't that many speakers. its 2 front, 2 rear, 1 centre.
7.1 is 2 middle speakers added in
9.1 is just silly - https://www.jensenspeakers.com.au/blogs/news/5-1-vs-7-1-vs-9-1-which-is-best-for-you

I am used to having 5.1 now, its been almost 20 years I had it on PC. It just seems normal. I won a pair of these in a competition and used them for about 12 years or so until they started causing errors at startup in windows - https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/logitech-z-5500

To me, an audiophile is someone who spends 20k on a Turntable. I just like music, I know other people who take it way more seriously than I do.

Yeah, figured my memory was vapor :)
You also have to take into account that The Beatles, learnt about music by playing clubs in Hamburg where they would have heard early German experimental music that led to bands like Kraftwerk.(only the band would know for sure).

And the fact that John and Paul went to see avante garde artists like Yoko Ono, shows their wide interests.

I think the animalistic robots in HZD are incredible feats of design, both visually and through audio. They all make distinct sounds(like cackling Glinthawks, maybe based on crows!), and you can even hear when they are damaged.

Here's an example from HZD of how the sound designer gives a Tallneck(Star Trek body on a mechanical giraffe), a sense of weight. I've noticed with some large animals like Graugs in SofW and HZD that they give the image a slight vibration as if the character and player can see the effect of their weight pounding on the land.

That impressed me in the game.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU9wkZnwIMM&ab_channel=THEWORLDSOFGAMING-cinematicvideos

• Love
Reactions: Brian Boru
Yeah, figured my memory was vapor :)

Unlikely, they were pretty unique in their time. But I'm not knowledgeable on the subject :)
The reason all of these things stick out to me is because they were all bands my dad was majorly into when I was growing up. He started out a big Beatles fan, then moved on to Pink Floyd from there. But around that time, he also got into Kraftwerk and Klaatu. I used to love Autobahn and We are the robots from Kraftwerk when I was a kid.

Seeing as there is a discussion with sound going on, is it really worth the investment for a stand alone sound card?
I agree with Frindis and others (and myself from earlier :D). The only time you really need a stand alone card is if you're into recording music or audio samples. They really do make a difference for recording. But if you're not into recording, there's really no need these days. The only benefit really would be that a standalone card would probably have a lot more features in the settings, like EQs and things like that. Back in the 90s and early 2000s, they were a must buy. But not so much these days.

TRENDING THREADS