Gaming and streaming

Oct 6, 2020
Visit site
Hey guys, i have a question or perhaps problem. I really wanna start streaming but my problem is that on games like COD warzone i average 90fps while not streaming/recording when i do turn on streaming i have around 50fps i wonder if those specs are really that bad (since i feel like i should average more) i also have almost every background program closed, and i have 4 monitors plugged mentioned it cuz maybe thats affecting my experience
I play on medium graphics which are optimized, I have my power plan set to ultimate, all drivers are updated and thats it
My SPECS:

2x8 RAM sticks 2666mhz
Rtx 2070 super
B365f-gaming
I9-9900
(I do have 750W Power supply)

From what i know i should change my motherboard and ram but does it really affect that much my experience? Let me know if i forgot any specs but for streaming and recording those are probably the most important ones

Last edited:

Zoid

Community Contributor
Hey guys, i have a question or perhaps problem. I really wanna start streaming but my problem is that on games like COD warzone i average 90fps while not streaming/recording when i do turn on streaming i have around 50fps i wonder if those specs are really that bad (since i feel like i should average more) i also have almost every background program closed, and i have 4 monitors plugged mentioned it cuz maybe thats affecting my experience
I play on medium graphics which are optimized, I have my power plan set to ultimate, all drivers are updated and thats it
My SPECS:

2x8 RAM sticks 2666mhz
Rtx 2070 super
B365f-gaming
I9-9900
(I do have 750W Power supply)

From what i know i should change my motherboard and ram but does it really affect that much my experience? Let me know if i forgot any specs but for streaming and recording those are probably the most important ones
Welcome to the forums! :) A few questions so that we can help you better:

What resolution are you playing at?

What are your temps and CPU / GPU / RAM utilization while playing vs while streaming (you can use a program like MSI Afterburner or HWiNFO to compare)?

What software are you using to stream?

What makes you think you should change your motherboard and RAM?

Oct 6, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! :) A few questions so that we can help you better:

What resolution are you playing at?

What are your temps and CPU / GPU / RAM utilization while playing vs while streaming (you can use a program like MSI Afterburner or HWiNFO to compare)?

What software are you using to stream?

What makes you think you should change your motherboard and RAM?
I am playing on 2560x1440 but i do stream in 1920x1080
Cpu is on almost 100% everytime i launch warzone, my GPU usuage is relative low before lauching stream (havent checked after i start it)
(Ill check the rest after work)

I've watched some reviews and tutorials that says 2666mhz ram isnt really gonna cut it for streaming and my motherboard support max 2666mhz ram that why i thought so
Also i do use streamlabs OBS

Zoid

Community Contributor
I am playing on 2560x1440 but i do stream in 1920x1080
Cpu is on almost 100% everytime i launch warzone, my GPU usuage is relative low before lauching stream (havent checked after i start it)
(Ill check the rest after work)

I've watched some reviews and tutorials that says 2666mhz ram isnt really gonna cut it for streaming and my motherboard support max 2666mhz ram that why i thought so
Also i do use streamlabs OBS
Does your CPU usage remain at 100% while playing Warzone? Having it go to 100% briefly while launching the game is more or less normal, but if it stays that high then something is up. How are your CPU temps while playing?

2666 MHz RAM should be fine for streaming. RAM speed does matter a little bit, but not enough to replace it along with your motherboard.

What encoder are you using, x264 or NVENC? Does your performance improve if you set the output (scaled) resolution to 720p instead of 1080p? What are the rest of your settings in OBS?

Oct 6, 2020
Visit site
Does your CPU usage remain at 100% while playing Warzone? Having it go to 100% briefly while launching the game is more or less normal, but if it stays that high then something is up. How are your CPU temps while playing?

2666 MHz RAM should be fine for streaming. RAM speed does matter a little bit, but not enough to replace it along with your motherboard.

What encoder are you using, x264 or NVENC? Does your performance improve if you set the output (scaled) resolution to 720p instead of 1080p? What are the rest of your settings in OBS?
Thank you for the help btw
I use NVENC and ill try to make the resolution to 720p, ill also post some screenshots l8r on my settings
CPU temps arent really high they're around 60°C

Oct 6, 2020
Visit site

So i booted up warzone and rightnow it seemed fine, averaged ab 90fps even when recording, my GPU usage was only at 8% tho and CPU Usage was on 70%

View: https://imgur.com/a/fmjeyD8

(Link to my in-game settings and Streamlabs settings).

Zoid

Community Contributor
So i booted up warzone and rightnow it seemed fine, averaged ab 90fps even when recording, my GPU usage was only at 8% tho and CPU Usage was on 70%

View: https://imgur.com/a/fmjeyD8

(Link to my in-game settings and Streamlabs settings).
It's been a while since I've messed with streaming but I don't see anything glaringly bad in those settings. It's pretty weird to me that your GPU usage is so low while gaming and streaming using NVENC. 8% seems like an erroneous number to me for a game like Warzone. Are you sure it's not the other way around? 8% CPU and 70% GPU would still feel a little low, but that would be more along the lines of what I'd expect.

Regardless, 90FPS average while streaming sounds pretty good to me, so I wouldn't worry much assuming it maintains that performance.

Oct 6, 2020
Visit site
It's been a while since I've messed with streaming but I don't see anything glaringly bad in those settings. It's pretty weird to me that your GPU usage is so low while gaming and streaming using NVENC. 8% seems like an erroneous number to me for a game like Warzone. Are you sure it's not the other way around? 8% CPU and 70% GPU would still feel a little low, but that would be more along the lines of what I'd expect.

Regardless, 90FPS average while streaming sounds pretty good to me, so I wouldn't worry much assuming it maintains that performance.
Imma be honest i uninstalled some shady programs (googled em first so i didnt uninstall some important things) and it did the thing, it looks fine now. And thank u alot for ur help and suggestions. 😁

Reactions: Zoid

Zoid

Community Contributor
Imma be honest i uninstalled some shady programs (googled em first so i didnt uninstall some important things) and it did the thing, it looks fine now. And thank u alot for ur help and suggestions. 😁
lol any time. Sooner or later we all end up collecting a few sketchy programs. Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS