Question Game frezzes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2020
Visit site
Hello, I have a problem when I m playing call of duty modern warfare the game freezes for a few second, (the sound keeps going), what could it be the reason?

Intel I3-8100 CPU
Graphics Card Nvidia GTX-960 4 GB
16 GB RAM
Power supply 550 corsair

Thanks =)

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Hm.... in theory if your HDD is the "slower" kind of 5400 RPM it may result in some issues like random freezes. OR memory on your GPU is maxed out and when the game needs to load/swap textures etc. the mini-freeze could be experienced. Not sure if that's the case here - if you lower texture quality does these freezes still happen?

Of course this could be something else, can't be sure.

As for progress, it would be enough to reinstall normally - game saves usually don't get deleted. If you want to be extra cautious you can manually copy the save/config folder and paste it back after reinstall is complete. You shouldn't lose anything.

Jun 7, 2020
Visit site
Hm.... in theory if your HDD is the "slower" kind of 5400 RPM it may result in some issues like random freezes. OR memory on your GPU is maxed out and when the game needs to load/swap textures etc. the mini-freeze could be experienced. Not sure if that's the case here - if you lower texture quality does these freezes still happen?

Of course this could be something else, can't be sure.

As for progress, it would be enough to reinstall normally - game saves usually don't get deleted. If you want to be extra cautious you can manually copy the save/config folder and paste it back after reinstall is complete. You shouldn't lose anything.
I will try to lower texture quality first, if it doesn`t work I will reinstall the game. I 'll let you know, thanks =)

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
You can try a defrag of the HDD if that hasn't been run in a while. 1080p on low settings should get you about 60-70fps with your hardware.

Also windows10 gaming mode has been causing issues with performance. Make sure that is turned off.

Start - settings - gaming - game mode. Switch off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts