Question Game doesn't run smoothly after i shut the pc down and open it again

Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
hello, i would like some help regarding my games. So here is the thing: when i play a game, i set the graphics my pc can run, but it doesnt run even though i know it should, you know? with framedrops and thing like the game drops from 30fps to 29, 28, 27 or even worst 24. Then i do some research (like tweaks, registry changes, etc) and i find some ways to improve perfomance and out of the blue the game start to run smoothly without that aforementioned drops and perfomance problems, i play the game, do some perfomance test to ascertain it is running smoothly and after doing some tests a play the game happily cause i found a solution to that problems, but then i got tired of playing the game and just close it to play another day, but when i open it again it doesnt run smoothly like before, and i have to do another perfomance research about what to change to make the game run smoothly AGAIN. But im afraid im falling short of solutions to make the game run as intended.

I run the game plugged in, with game mode on, hardware-accelerated GPU on, Maximum perfomance (powerwise)

PS before anything, it is not:

1. Overheating
2. Outdated drivers
3. Malware or similar stuff
4. Power supply
5. Windows Version (im on win 10 btw)
6. Background Apps

System specs:
(laptop) Acer Aspire 5 intel i5 1137g 2.4ghz (4.2 turbo) , Nvidia Mx350, 8gb ram, ssd 256gb (i think it is nvme)

with this config i got a 35% gpu bottleneck, but i doesnt max out game settings and pc resources cause my pc cant even run it without maxing it let alone maxing it all out, so i think it should be able to run games smoothly.

The games i was talking about is gta 4 and gta 5 both tested and like i said, i shut down the pc and they doesnt run smoothly anymore.

Paging file is set by the computer but i tried to set it manually. Nothing changed.

Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
!! How long did it take before the performance got good? Minutes? Hours? Have you checked Task Manager to see if anything is running?
it took me hours, like from 5pm to 10pm, i thought it was some regedit changes ive made but that doenst seem to be the case since i tried to do them again and nothing happened perfomancewise. In task manager just the essential was running, i finished every non-essential tasks (internet browser, some windows kinda useless features, etc)

Zloth

Community Contributor
Harrumph. I was thinking Windows Update might have updated your .Net Framework a few times. When that finishes, Windows goes through your drive and updates any .Net programs so they run faster later. 5 hours is awfully long for that process, though, plus it's supposed to be a low priority thing anyway.

It's far too long to be shaders getting compiled and cached. Far too long for a virus scanner.

It can't be some underclocked hardware thing because, if it was, it wouldn't fix later.

GTA4 and 5 are the same company. Have you got any moderately intense games that don't need to contact the internet at all?

Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
Harrumph. I was thinking Windows Update might have updated your .Net Framework a few times. When that finishes, Windows goes through your drive and updates any .Net programs so they run faster later. 5 hours is awfully long for that process, though, plus it's supposed to be a low priority thing anyway.

It's far too long to be shaders getting compiled and cached. Far too long for a virus scanner.

It can't be some underclocked hardware thing because, if it was, it wouldn't fix later.

GTA4 and 5 are the same company. Have you got any moderately intense games that don't need to contact the internet at all?
Well, i just play these 2 games cause they are the ones i want to play and the ones this pc "can" run, but im kinda giving up right now, im thinking about getting an external gpu cause i runned some tests and it turns out this gpu isnt that good as i thought it was. Thanks for your help anyway

TRENDING THREADS