Funny Screenshots and short videos

Page 8 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Even in the 22nd Century, they still get spam emails, even Shepard:
4gAxR7q.jpg

Zloth

Community Contributor
I still snicker at an advertisement in ME2 from a company that offers indentured servants having an advertisement along the lines of: "You've been a slave to your employees for too long, shouldn't it be the other way around?" (I've got a video clip, but it's only part of the spiel.)

Reactions: Frindis and mainer
(I've got a video clip, but it's only part of the spiel.)
Which gives me a thought (no worries, it happens occasionally). Should we consider having a section or sections in Pop Culture & Entertainment for short video clips, on par with the Beautiful Game Appreciation and Funny Screenshots sections?

And I do mean short, say cap video length to 2-3 minutes (or less), that shows a beautiful or funny section of a given game? Sometimes just a screenshot just can't do a game justice. But none of those long gameplay or video walkthrough type videos.

What do you guys think of: "Funny Screenshots and short videos?"
Works for me, just be sure to edit the video length & quality maxes into the top of post #1.

Also, encourage posters to provide video length info when posting—I usually won't click an unknown unless I have nothing to do with my time.

rename this topic to be Funny Screenshots & <200s Videos.
I'm pretty sure the '<' would cause a problem, since it's a core symbol of HTML, the lingo of web pages. Even the '&' isn't ideal, if you ever notice those godawful long URLs you sometimes get.

Reactions: mainer and Frindis
What do you guys think of: "Funny Screenshots and short videos?"
Hopefully we could do the same for Beautiful Game Appreciation & Short Videos (as awkward as that sounds)? I'd love to see some short clips of some of the games you guys play that I don't, that aren't necessarily funny, but show how beautiful or immersive a game can be.

(Edit) Perhaps we should make it a criteria that the videos are taken by the poster and not just pulled from YouTube? Just a random thought, but it seems more relevant if we take them ourselves.

Last edited:

Zloth

Community Contributor
(Edit) Perhaps we should make it a criteria that the videos are taken by the poster and not just pulled from YouTube? Just a random thought, but it seems more relevant if we take them ourselves.
That is a really good idea! But how can we tell what video goes with what account?

Though, why make them short? Funny ones are going to be short just because you don't need 20 minutes to be funny, but you can fill 20 minutes of pretty in an open world. (Plus, I've posted two or three that are long already.)

Reactions: mainer
let me know if there is anything you guys would like to have added
In OP, "P.S. If you want to post images here" should link to Zloth's recent post on how to do that, and should also mention Imgur & similar as an alternative.

you can fill 20 minutes of pretty in an open world
@CParsons Chris, we're talking about including videos in this and the 'Beautiful' threads. Do you have any limits on length or file size from a server POV?

If legit members link to their YT clips, is there a way they can get thru the spam filters? You may of course not want to broadcast that out here in public, but if mods know then we can clue in legit members who ask for access.

criteria that the videos are taken by the poster
Oh definitely, otherwise we'd open ourselves wide to spammers.

Last edited:
Reactions: mainer and Frindis

CParsons

Staff member
@CParsons Chris, we're talking about including videos in this and the 'Beautiful' threads. Do you have any limits on length or file size from a server POV?

If legit members link to their YT clips, is there a way they can get thru the spam filters? You may of course not want to broadcast that out here in public, but if mods know then we can clue in legit members who ask for access.

Videos can't be uploaded here anyway, no matter the size. And legit members shouldn't really have to worry about getting stuck in the filter when posting YouTube videos. YouTube itself isn't blocked.. other things that spammers try when posting those YT videos are. ;)

Let's up the tone of this thread, shall we? Time to wax lyrical:

5rD87zb.png

That was from Luis, owner of the croc farm in the NW of Far Cry 6. It was to Beatriz, the croc love of his life. Sadly it was a somewhat one-sided relationship, as when I got there, she had bitten his arm off and he had expired :(

Last verse shows his devotion—he was apparently trying to sabotage an offshore rig!

TRENDING THREADS