FPS DROPS/ DRIVER BOOSTER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2020
Visit site
Hi there. I have been using Win 10 on my laptop for 3 years now and in the summer of 2020 I faced the problem. I have been using a program called Driver Booster for 2 years now to update my drivers and until July 2020 I had no problems with it. Then in July I updated the drivers with him on a fresh windows and experienced FPS drops in the games. CSGO had so far had 120-140 FPS em, and after using Driver booster it dropped to 60-70. I reinstalled windows recently and so without using a driver booster I have 50-60 FPS em in CSGO. But with the help of driver booster I have been able to play 100+ FPS so far. I tried to update drivers in windows settings, but I didn't achieve anything with them. I searched the net and found people blue with the problem, but not really a usable answer. Maybe if anyone could help, I would thank you very much i-5 7200u 2.5 Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 940mx, 8gb ram, 128gb ssd

Driver Booster for 2 years now to update my drivers and until July 2020 I had no problems with it.

Never use driver booster software.

It provides a service that largely isn't needed, can be done manually where it is needed, and can often dish out the wrong drivers.

I would clean install Windows again. Let Windows perform all the updates it can. Manually download and install the latest drivers from the Geforce website - only the drivers, not Geforce Experience. Don't install any software, except for Steam and CSGO. Test performance.

Make sure the laptop is set to the high performance power plan, Nvidia control panel is set to prefer maximum performance, and that the Nvidia GPU is set to be the default graphics procressor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS