Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys, ive came across something...not so much of an issue, as my rig is playing games fine, but ive had the performance overlay on while im playing DayZ, Pubg and tarkov which are the only games I'm bothered in playing.
And each time my games are only running at 60fps, I've dropped settings I've changed resolutions and still no change at all, across all three games.
I’m wondering if there is a setting somewhere that’s on that has maybe capped FPS on my pc?
My monitor is a 4K 60hz screen, but although that limits how many FPS i actually see, does it also limit how much my PC will put out as well?
my hardware consists of..
Mobo is a B450 tomohawk
Ryzen 5 3600X
Nitro+ 5700 XT
16gb 3600mhz ram
A 1tb M.2
And for what its worth a 2tb hdd

any help would as always be greatly appreciated guys, thanks.

Why do you want more than 60fps if your monitor is only 60hz?

There are some instances where it can still, at least technically, provide a benefit, but why do you personally want more than 60fps?

The first thing to check is probably whether vsync is turned off in the in-game settings?

And is freesync turned on in Radeon settings, assuming it's a freesync monitor?

Also, what overlay are you using? Since some overlays also include a feature to cap refresh rates.

Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
I ordered a new monitor which will fingers crossed be here this week.
I was using the overlay that can be activated through the radeon software, if thats not sufficient then im open to a different type you could suggest, not too clued up on them being new to PC gaming.
It is a freesync monitor yeah, ive also tried it with both those settings off then on again and altered them to no avail.

MangoPop

BANNED
Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
turn off V-sync if you want to see higher fps numbers but screen tearing will commence ...

if playing @ 1080p just leave V-sync on and as long as you see a steady 60 fps don't concern yourself with seeing higher numbers

TRENDING THREADS