Football Manager

Aug 11, 2021
Visit site
Is anyone else here a fan of FM? I first played FM07 and since then I've played pretty much every version of the game. My favourite is FM11, which I'm hoping to start playing again soon.

Reactions: SWard
Aug 11, 2021
Visit site
That is true! I used to be part of a community for the game; years ago. Sadly that website died and I haven't been able to find an active FM community since.

Have you played the game yourself?

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Played almost every FM from 2005 - missed the 2017 and 20120 editions or something like that. Last one I played was 2021 - selected random 3rd league French club (QRM), in less than 10 years made it to being second best team in France (**** PSG) and played regularly at least in group stage of Champions League.

But then got kinda annoyed by lacking of my custom 3-5-2 (that I have been using for decade lol, good old times when AI had no idea what to do vs it) when it came to defense and since I was in the middle of season I didn't want to re-do whole tactic and hire bunch of wingbacks sooo I stopped.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Aug 11, 2021
Visit site
Played almost every FM from 2005 - missed the 2017 and 20120 editions or something like that. Last one I played was 2021 - selected random 3rd league French club (QRM), in less than 10 years made it to being second best team in France (**** PSG) and played regularly at least in group stage of Champions League.

But then got kinda annoyed by lacking of my custom 3-5-2 (that I have been using for decade lol, good old times when AI had no idea what to do vs it) when it came to defense and since I was in the middle of season I didn't want to re-do whole tactic and hire bunch of wingbacks sooo I stopped.
Never played Football Manager 20120. Is it any good? ;)

I know what you mean in regards to the AI, they are a lot harder now (which I guess is a good thing) on previous FM I would easily win the League in countries like Australia, but now I struggle.

Just about to start a save on FM11 with Blackpool. Signing no players first season with the aim of surviving with a team of low Championship players (excluding a few players like Charlie Adam) going to be tough!

Reactions: Zloth
Is anyone else here a fan of FM? I first played FM07 and since then I've played pretty much every version of the game. My favourite is FM11, which I'm hoping to start playing again soon.

I like playing the 2019 touch version that's on Steam. It's a much simplified version that I can play sort of casually. I got the full FM version one time and was a little overwhelmed.

My first experience was actually with the mobile version, which I played the heck out of, but it was basically too easy. I can't remember what my strategy was (this was a very long time ago), but I think it was the free agent market that wasn't properly balanced and let me get too good of a team. Of course, I know nothing about soccer, so having a really good team was the only way I was going to win. I got mad at it because even though I was winning everything, Great Britain wouldn't let me coach their World Cup team. I think I finally accepted a job coaching the Italian team. I'm not British, so I don't know why I wanted to coach their team so badly. Morons. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru
Aug 11, 2021
Visit site
@ZedClampet . Yeah, the mobile version is so easy, it's why I stopped playing it as well. After I sold my gaming laptop; the mobile version is all I played for around three years. Got bored because 1. it's too easy and 2. I like to watch matches in 3D and you can't in mobile.

I've played Touch the last few years, and been playing FM21 touch on the Nintendo Switch, but I just can't get into the game, so gone back to my favourite FM, plus the older games are easier to play.

Reactions: ZedClampet

TRENDING THREADS