Final Build, what are your thoughts please!!

Mar 16, 2020
Visit site
1.) MASTERBOX MB530P
2.) Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) ATX Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, on-Board WiFi 6 (802.11Ax), 2.5 Gbps LAN, USB 3.2, SATA, M.2, Node and Aura Sync RGB Lighting
3.) AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core, 24-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Wraith Prism LED Cooler
4.)
Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 1TB Internal PCI Express 3.0 x4 (NVMe) Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology
5.) CORSAIR - RMx Series 850W ATX12V 2.4/EPS12V 2.92 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply – Black

6.) Sapphire 11293-05-40G Radeon Nitro+ Rx 5700 Xt 8GB GDDR6 Dual HDMI/ Dual DP OC (UEFI) Special Edition PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card
7.)
CORSAIR - Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2PK 16GB) 3.2GHz PC4-25600 DDR4 DIMM Unbuffered Non-ECC Desktop Memory Kit with RGB Lighting - Black

What's the budget?

What does that cost?

(and what country are you shopping in if you don't mind saying)

What are you using it for? Only gaming? Also streaming? Video editing? 3D rendering? other uses?

if gaming is one of your uses, what monitor are you pairing the system with?

Why that particular motherboard? What are you looking for from it that others don't offer? :)

Mar 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi Qussebon,
I purchased all the above for newbie at gaming but I really just wanted a fast computer with good graphics and will be installing Linux. I’ve done a lot research about all parts for the build and still thinking many times for the AMD Ryzen 3950x.

Mar 16, 2020
Visit site
What monitor are you gaming on? What resolution and refresh rate is it? If you don't know, what's the exact model?
I’ve been using Mac for the last 5 years and have 3 monitors in my closet and plan on purchasing a 24in gaming monitor soon. If you have a suggestion I would like to hear it. I am back on Windows/Linux for IT certifications.

The spec you've posted would be suitable to go with a 1080p 144hz or 1440p 144hz monitor. It's powerful, and to unlock its potential for gaming you need to make sure you get a high resolution and/or refresh monitor as otherwise you're paying for an experience the system isn't being allowed to deliver.

If, for whatever reason, you have no interest in a higher end monitor, don't buy such an expensive graphics card :)

As for a generally very fast system, you're overspending hugely on the motherboard. It's intended for enthusiasts to overclock their CPUs and provides a lot of features you're not said that you'll need (so you probably won't need them). It's an extremely expensive motherboard - you should probably stick to just a very expensive motherboard e.g. Asus X570-PLUS. Which offers a lot of features, more than you're likely to use anytime soon, but saves a load of cash. No point paying for things that don't benefit you.

For gaming, 32gb RAM is a waste

Also for gaming, an R9 CPU is a waste. The R7 3700x / R7 3800x are as far as you really need / get good value from going.

If your other needs - e.g. running several VMs, compiling code - need more cores and more RAM, then you may well need the R9 CPU and 32gb RAM, but it's not a good spend for gaming.

And either way you can still economise on the mobo.

Yea I mostly agree with Oussebon. You could also have gone with a quality 650 watt PSU and had room to spare. For gaming only I'd have used the money you saved on the other parts suggested and gone with a 2080 Super

Having said that the parts you've picked are quality, and will serve you well for a long time to come. Congrats on the build

Reactions: krammer66

TRENDING THREADS