Favorite Gaming Quotes

Zloth

Community Contributor
What have been your favorite gaming quotes? Inspirational, funny, surprising... whatever impressed you.

Oh boy! Are we going to do something dangerous now?
--Floyd, when you save game in Planetfall

From Conrad in Mass Effect 2

But there's no use crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying `till you run out of cake.
--Portal end credits song

P.S. Totally stealing from this PC Gamer article.
P.P.S. For the 2nd time.

Theres a couple but the one that i remember currently are izaro's quotes in path of exile. Here are a few of them:

"Wisdom is the offspring of Suffering and Time."

"Slowness lends strength to one's enemies."

"There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear."

"To entertain doubt is to dance with death."

"The last emperor is always the worst."

"The throne is the most devious trap of them all."

"Pity the emperor who sits alone on his throne."

"Determination always beats domination. That is the one true law of sovereignty!"

Last edited:

Zloth

Community Contributor
"Come get some!"
Duke Nuke'm

"I can see all the doors, and what's behind all the doors."
Elizabeth - Bioshock Infinite

"I assure you, my good man, Nemesis is most definitely 'down with the street.' Word up, my homie, as it were."
Nemesis Lt. Fergusun to Freakshow's Dap-Dap tha Deal-maka' in City of Heroes

"My word! This formula is about 90% sugar, 9% artificial coloring, and 1% nanite!"
The formula for Crey Cola in City of Heroes

"Recitation: once upon a time, organic meatbags bread out of control and filled the galaxy. There are different meatbags across different planets, all bumping into each other. They talk a great deal and threaten each other for various reasons mostly involving mating, survival, and resources - it is really quite tiresome. We were created for a tool of diplomacy among these meatbags (a surgical tool to be sure) to end the lives of organic meatbags that were marked as pivotal to our masters. We were created as a way of enforcing a certain galactic view of our masters, of imposing our masters' will on the galaxy through extermination of other organics."
HK-47 explaining life to some new HK units

Let my mind relax and suddenly I got a bunch popping up in my head!

@!#?@! - Q*bert

Warrior needs food badly!
Elf is about to die!
Vakyrie now has reflecting shots!
Wizard shot the food
- Announcer, Gauntlet

I never asked for this. - Adam Jensen

George Stobbart: Let's just say I'm working in the interests of truth and justice.
Todryk: Ah, Thank God, I thought you were the police.
-Broken Sword

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the Weighted Companion Cube cannot speak. In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice. - GLaDOS

You have died of dysentery. - Oregon Trail (Or my preferred alternate below)

Last edited:

Zloth

Community Contributor
The last time a big, naked dude said he could help me, it did not end well.
--Pierce

The best?
The best is beating Sway the Spider God in a Tijuana scaffold match.
The best is defending the world title 13 times in one night!
The best is winning a last man standing match WITH TWO BROKEN LEGS!
--Killbane

Both from Saints Row 3

Reactions: Frindis

Zoid

Community Contributor
From Baldur's Gate:
Minsc: "Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!! RAAAA!"
Link

From Halo 3:
Admiral Hood: "I remember how this war started - what your kind did to mine. I can't forgive you, but... you have my thanks. For standing by him to the end. Hard to believe he's dead."
The Arbiter: "Were it so easy."
Link

From Halo Reach:
Noble Six: "That's a one-way trip."
Jorge: "We all make it sooner or later. Better get going, Six, they're gonna need you down there. Listen, Reach has been good to me. Time has come to return the favor. ...Don't deny me this... Tell 'em to make it count."
Orbital Defense Grid Satellite: "Slip-space rupture detected... Slip-space rupture detected...... Slip-space rupture detected......... Slip-space rupture detected.........."
Link

From Portal 2 (credits song):
GLaDOS: "Goodbye my only friend.
Oh, did you think I meant you?
That would be funny
If it weren't so sad.
Well you have been replaced.
I don't need anyone now.
When I delete you maybe
I'll stop feeling so bad.

Go make some new disaster.
That's what I'm counting on.
You're someone else's problem,
Now I only want you gone."
Link

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
"Well, technically... It's a thingy." - Harold from Fallout 2 explaining technicalities of Hydroelectric magnetosphere regulator.

"You cut with the dull edge of the knife, don't you?" - Harold again

"I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Undersand this as you die, ever pathetic ever fools." - Jon Irenicus unleashing his power on some fools who thought they captured him in Baldur's Gate 2

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!" - player character to some hermit speaking gibberish in Baldur's Gate

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, watch it! I'm huge!" - Minsc obviously

"Boo: *squeak*
Minsc: Boo says "WHAT?"" - Minsc and Boo

"(running away): Tiax will rule... From a distance." - Tiax, Baldur's Gate. Really, all his lines are hilarious

"We're all doomed.
Life is so hollow.
Oh, what is the point?
Our quest is vain.
Let us save our effort and just lie down and die!
Onward, to futility!" - Xan, Baldur's Gate

"Lo Wang: "If I kill myself will it kill you too? Please say yes."
Hoji: "Yes."
Lo Wang: "You're lying aren't you?"
Hoji: "Yes." " - Shadow Warrior 2013

"I always bring a katana to a gun fight!" - Lo Wang again

I'm a big Gears Nerd
Dominic Santiago:
[hearing odd sound] Did you hear that? What the hell's that sound?

Marcus Fenix:
It's just the wind.

Dominic Santiago:
Yeah. Right. When was the last time the wind said "hostiles" to you?

" Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant. For you. Hate. Hate."

- I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream

"Given the choice, whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire; or to challenge the fates for another throw - a better throw - against one's destiny... what was a king to do? But does one even truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

- Legacy of Kain: Defiance

Zloth

Community Contributor
Trails of Cold Steel has some good quotes in it...

Alisa: I want to shut off my brain so badly right now, but it doesn't look like that's happening any time soon.

Beryl (head of the Occult Studies club): Sometimes, it's good to be disturbed.

Rean: Staring at stickers on a rooftop? I guess everybody needs a hobby...

Gaius: I've got a bad feeling about this. (I swear, every JRPG has this line somewhere!)

Instructor Sara just outside of town: I wander out here every now and then to lay into the wildlife. A gal's gotta stay in shape somehow, y'know.

Crow: Arrrgh... Stop feeling up Lady Luck, would you...?

Rean: Looks like we'll have to engage in some thoughtful smashing in order to make our way through here.

After repeating the same basic mission text to explore the old schoolhouse five times...
Does anyone in Class 7 actually read these? If I wrote whatever I wanted here, would they investigate the old schoolhouse regardless? Perhaps I should use this opportunity to tell a joke. I know just the one! Two men walk into a bar...

Instructor Sara when making up team names: Emma's team will be Team Class President. Machias, your team is Team Vice President. Rean's team will be... Team Whatever.

Mint, after getting rejected from the cooking club: He gave me a big speech about how 'water isn't normally flammable'...

Mint's father after eating Mint's cooking: When I heard you were gonna cook for me, I made my peace with Aidios and braced for death, but you did good.

Millium after making cookies: These ones've got hot chili peppers in 'em! Wanna try one?

Female Student, trying to get you to play a game like whack-a-mole but with dolls: You got problems? Hitting adorable things is the answer!

TRENDING THREADS