Far Cry 6 crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2022
Visit site
Hi

My son bought far cry 6 and we found out that it needed at least 6 gb gpu vram. SO today when i had installed his new gfx card EVGA RTX 2060 with 6 gb vram it still crashes before even entering the game. I've Googled it and gotten some "fixes" but how come this game is so picky or unstable? Have never had a likewise problem with a game before.

What we will check into when he have reinstalled the game tomorrow is if it has admin priority and if the firewall is stoping it, the other 3 items on the checklist was to have the latest gfx drivers and updated windows (he have win 10), and if maybe the installation was currupted.

Any tips besides the listed ones? How can i see what is the crashing problem? Is there a file somewhere i can post to get help?

crashes before even entering the game
That needs clarification.

I assume you click a desktop icon to launch the game? What happens after you do that, and especially where are you in the launch process just before the crash?

It may not be the game crashing, since you say you never get into the game. It could be the clunky Ubisoft Connect launcher, or maybe the Epic launcher. Did you buy at Ubi or Epic?

My son bought far cry 6
Did he play the free weekend beforehand? If so, I assume that went well?

Here are specs from Epic:
OtPtJmL.png

Does PC meet ALL those, especially DX 12?

How can i see what is the crashing problem?
Look in Event Viewer for critical events at the time of the crash.

Jul 26, 2022
Visit site
That needs clarification.

I assume you click a desktop icon to launch the game? What happens after you do that, and especially where are you in the launch process just before the crash?

It may not be the game crashing, since you say you never get into the game. It could be the clunky Ubisoft Connect launcher, or maybe the Epic launcher. Did you buy at Ubi or Epic?

No he starts it from Ubisoft lancher.

He says it crashes in the main menue.

Did he play the free weekend beforehand? If so, I assume that went well?

No he did not play a free weekend.

Here are specs from Epic:
OtPtJmL.png

Does PC meet ALL those, especially DX 12?

He have a Ryzen 5 2600 and all the other specs besides the memory channel mode is met, i really don't know how to check the mode of the memory. And if it's DX 12 i just assume because it is updated automatically i think... is DX a part of Windows? Or must i download it seperatly.

Look in Event Viewer for critical events at the time of the crash.

Thanks i will check there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS