extra power supply with gaming laptop ?

Aug 8, 2022
Visit site
Hello,
I have a gaming laptop with an external 330w power supply, and inboard rtx 3080Ti, many fans and heating issues...
I think i m a little bit short in power supply.
I would like to know if adding an axtra power supply using usb C power delivery sockets will improve my laptop performances and/or improve heating issues?
It is equiped with female usb C PD and thunderbolt 4 sockets.

Hello,
I have a gaming laptop with an external 330w power supply, and inboard rtx 3080Ti, many fans and heating issues...
I think i m a little bit short in power supply.
I would like to know if adding an axtra power supply using usb C power delivery sockets will improve my laptop performances and/or improve heating issues?
It is equiped with female usb C PD and thunderbolt 4 sockets.
no. if the laptop comes with that power supply, adding more could damage it. It is clearly designed to work with what it comes with.

Aug 8, 2022
Visit site
ok,
Adding all the components power consumption make the power supply a little bite weak at peak.
A usb power adaptor has different levels of charging (boost, check...)
I thought it could not harm the computer even thought it is certainly only charging the battery so it won t have any effect on computer performances.

Aug 8, 2022
Visit site
Indeed i would prefer it to run fine...
Gaming range are not eco friendly and for PC (gaming or heavy configuration) they need special external power supply. These does not exists for laptops.

alienware X17 R2
i7 12 génération
soon 2 gaming ssd
2 ram
360Hz 1ms screen

I made an addition of all i could think about (fans, motherboard, screen, speakers, keyboard, mouse, ..) and it seams to be weak at peak consumption.

But now i guess that the USB C PD is only charging the battery and does not really help.
I use it as a desktop...

TRENDING THREADS