Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
♥ Hi everyone! As the holidays are coming up, I'm starting the difficult task of finding a gift for my S.O. He's an avid gamer and spends hours playing many titles online and with friends and myself. For this Christmas, I was thinking of getting him a new computer chair, as his is old and pretty beat up. The arm-rests have been rather abused by our cat, and I was thinking a new chair would be great. I've been looking into different options and there are currently two in stock at the local Costco, the DPS Insight Gaming Chair, and the Respawn Gaming chair.

URL for both:

Both have fairly mixed reviews, and I'm nervous of spending so much money on something that could end up being uncomfortable for him or even hurting his back. Are there any gamers out there who've used these or have a better recommendation? I have a budget of around $200 for this at the moment.

Thank you in advance for any and all help!
♥♥♥ Spacee ♥♥♥

Reactions: Frindis and SWard
I can't comment on your choices—fwiw this is my chair, I'm on my 2nd and will buy a 3rd if ever need be. If your hubby is big & tall, it's great, and often drops in price.

Things which may help:

1. I changed out the standard casters for these large ones which have saved me a lot on replacing floor mats and make movement much easier.

2. I put 2 towels over the back & seat to preserve the chair material, which will gradually disintegrate otherwise. I also wrap the arm rests with smaller towels for the same reason, plus makes them softer.

3. I cured ongoing backache with one of these Backjoy posture supports—I think I'm still using the original one I got over a decade ago. Looks like nothing, but does a fab job for me.

Reactions: Frindis
Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
I can't comment on your choices—fwiw this is my chair, I'm on my 2nd and will buy a 3rd if ever need be. If your hubby is big & tall, it's great, and often drops in price.

Things which may help:

1. I changed out the standard casters for these large ones which have saved me a lot on replacing floor mats and make movement much easier.

2. I put 2 towels over the back & seat to preserve the chair material, which will gradually disintegrate otherwise. I also wrap the arm rests with smaller towels for the same reason, plus makes them softer.

3. I cured ongoing backache with one of these Backjoy posture supports—I think I'm still using the original one I got over a decade ago. Looks like nothing, but does a fab job for me.

Something like that may work well! Thank you so much for the reply! ♥♥♥

Reactions: Frindis

TRENDING THREADS