Encased - Isometric Strategy

Oct 19, 2022
Visit site
Anyone else played? Just an hour in and is seems quite slow to play but I am liking the setting and the mechanics.

It's been on my wishlist for a while and is one of those rare sci fi RPG's, probably shouldn't play it just before Starfield but I guess they are quite different games.

I haven't it (or purchased it) yet, but it's also been on my Steam wish list for ages when it first hit Early Access. I like the looks of it and the fact that it's an isometric sci-fi setting, as opposed to fantasy or post-apocalyptic really interests me. I'd be interested to hear some of your thoughts on the gameplay as you progress.

Plus, I don't think you need to be concerned about playing it before Starfield as they're going to be completely different experiences, even though they both have a sci-fi setting. It's probably a good thing that you're playing Encased now, as Starfield is going to be a long game, with all the open world & planetary exploration.

Oct 19, 2022
Visit site
Steam says I am 15 hours in but it feels longer, but not necessarily because I think that it is boring. It is quite slow to go through the motions of inventory management, battles and basically understanding how the skill system works which is not intuitive.

It is however interesting, and I decided to google companions to push things along a bit. With a full squad battles are now quicker, learning is quicker, and some of the options available re skills, crafting and food/drink seem to make more sense.

There is a lot to this game, I thought it was more of a basic RPG but was clearly wrong. Once I got my head round the abilities I realised that there is much more to do, more depth and possible much more interesting exploration to get into so can see this being a 100 hour game. Having said that I've no idea how long the MQ is.

So far so good then, will report back when I'm further in:cool:

Oct 19, 2022
Visit site
Around 35 hours in now and have visited the maelstrom , not sure if that puts me in chapter 1 or 2 or somewhere else as feedback from the game about what you have done and where you should go is limited. I actually have no main or side quests I can crack on and do, I am waiting for other contact so have meandered around the map for an hour and switched it off.

Another issue arising is inventory management. Now i like managing loot and there is a storage box accessible from loads of places but you need components in your inventory for crafting so this is getting laborious keeping under the weight limit.
I've also no idea where a couple of my companions are, one disappeared from where she normally is and another said they were off somewhere but I've forgotten.

Also, I cannot see how companions level up. I would prefer to control that element to complement my own play style but do not get the option and there is no setting for it.

I could google all of this but I found myself looking through my games pile and wish list which is never a good sign when you should be getting stuck into a challenge. I do like the game but the lack of info and micro management is dampening the experience a bit.

TRENDING THREADS