Enable hyperthreading/ fix fps drops and stutter

Oct 16, 2022
Visit site
I have an Intel core i7 with 8 cores and a Nvidia 2060 super GPU. When I bought this pc all my games played at a stable 60 with no fps drops and if they did drop it was only to 59 with no visual stutter or lag , but now it is stuttering. Because of a windows update my pc failed to boot and was stuck in a automatic repair loop so I had to reset my pc.

I am guessing by resetting my pc it turned off hyperthreading or something because now my games like fallout 4, stardew, subnautica, etc, constantly drop from 60 to 59 and causes a stutter that is very hard to miss. Usually a 1fps drop should not be noticeable but it is now. I also have 39 inch 144hz monitor so yea I can see every stutter lol, but stutter did not use to happen. My hardware hasn’t changed besides adding another stick of ram to make it a nice 24 but I even removed the ram just to see if it would help the situation but it didn’t.

My monitor is gsync and I have it enabled for each of my games and gsync is supposed to make it so stutter and fps drops are not noticeable but they still are and it’s driving me crazy.

Any help with enabling hyperthreading, my 1 stutter fps drop, or gaming performance in general would help me a lot, thanks!

Oct 16, 2022
Visit site
Windows cannot turn off hyperthreading, it would take you looking in BIOS and doing that.

Since you reset pc, have you gone to motherboard website and checked you have newest drivers.
How would I go about seeing and downloading the BIOS update drivers for my gigabyte motherboard? Do you have a direct link to where I can plugin my motherboard and see the available/compatible updates for it?

Oct 16, 2022
Visit site
I found my model name and just finished updating my bios and now opening fallout 4 to see if my fps is back to being a stable 60.

Any reason why my gsync monitor isn’t eliminating the stutter in my games as advertised? My fps does not drop by much so I don’t understand the stutter that I am experiencing.

Is there a windows service that I can stop within task manager that will eliminate that fps drop since it does not seem to be game specific as it happens in all games, I thought I read somewhere about that

Oct 16, 2022
Visit site
Are your video drivers up to date (for both the GPU and display)?

You'll have to look up your display/monitor to see if any updates are available for it.
My GPU drivers are up to 522.25, but now I will look at monitor drivers. I have an LG ultragear 34GL750 and am currently looking at the driver website. I see 3 driver options, one 34GL750 Win Driver, Mac OS onscreen control and windows onscreen control. I am on windows so that eliminates the mac option.

Would I just download the 34GL750 Win Driver or would I also download the windows onscreen control ? https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-34GL750-B.AUS

Oct 16, 2022
Visit site
It will be a setting in your BIOS.
Yes, I’ve been looking in my bios. I looked before I updated it and after, but still don’t see an option to enable hyperthreading. Unless it’s called something different on a gigabyte bios or I have to enable something else before that becomes an available option to see.

Im looking under advanced frequency and see core related information but not hyperthreading or something similar

TRENDING THREADS