Nov 27, 2020
Much better trailer this time:
Awesome trailer (also available on the Elex 2 store page in Steam), as it shows actual gameplay footage. Combat looks much more refined and faster, we the factions (looked like Nasty in the Outlaws), and the voice acting, as well as the graphics, look much improved. This is my most anticipated game of 2022, even more so than Starfield. I still have a soft spot for the heavy metal release trailer, but this one is much more representative of the actual game. Nice post.

Reactions: Zloth

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Jan 14, 2020
Piranha games don't convince me. They're quite... wooden? :D Sure, Elex 2 looks much better than its predecessors (I'm talking here not only about Elex 1, but also Gothic games), but it's still not polished enough for me. And it's not about bugs, but rather some kind of style that it presents. You can feel almost right away that it's a game developed by this studio. :) I'm perfectly fine with people that love this kind of style. It's just not for me.

Reactions: Pifanjr
This does look better than the first, although bare in mind I wasn't a fan of Elex.
Seems to be a bit more tighter, the jetpack upgrade looks like it could be fun especially fighting creatures midflight
Cautiously Optimistic

Reactions: mainer and Sarafan
Nov 27, 2020
And it's not about bugs, but rather some kind of style that it presents. You can feel almost right away that it's a game developed by this studio. :) I'm perfectly fine with people that love this kind of style. It's just not for me.
I understand completely, PB games don't often please a lot of gamers, but it's that certain "PB style" of creating RPGs that I love (discounting the final boss battle of Risen ). The exploration and discovery in the way they create their worlds is some of the best in any game I've ever played. Beginnings can be brutal if a player isn't used to their style, as you can die quickly, and often, until you build your character to higher levels. PB games take patience and thought in how to advance and explore, and the choices you make in conversations will have a huge affect on how the game progresses.

I admire Piranha Bytes greatly for sticking to their style & formula for making RPGs, and in my opinion I hope they always do.

Jan 16, 2020
i haven't really been paying attention to Elex truth be told. The only encounter i've had was from the original game and its from SsethTzeentach review of it...

Zloth

Community Contributor
I'm mostly happy because the "moon with a moon" is back. Unless that's a barren planet that's a lot larger than it looks and we're on a moon of that planet... but yeah. Always good to have an interesting sky!

Reactions: mainer

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts