Elden Ring review

Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
I enjoyed Tyler's Elden Ring review - though it sounds like he's not enjoyed it [edit: I mean, enjoyed the game, not the review] quite as much as he would have if he wasn't a series veteran.

I've played Souls 1 and 3, both to about halfway through, never played Bloodborne or Sakira or Souls 2. So I'm familiar enough with the fundamentals of a FromSoftware game. It'll be interesting to see how much my experience of Elden Ring mirrors Tyler's, when I eventually buy it a few months from now - post patching and mods.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: Biggly
Yea, i mean the world looks beautiful no doubt but its a dark souls-like game. If you like those games then this game is for you, if not then you wouldnt buy this. Its the same formula thats been used for years wrapped in a pretty new package. Ill also be getting this at a discount after a while of support patches and such because i dont completely hate the souls like genre.

Also…
Elden Ring is already one of the best-reviewed games ever
…which is remarkable before the Day 1 patch.

I read this and i just cant see how this game is going to be better than some of the other classic best-reviewed games. Its a dark souls game to me and i just dont find those as entertaining and fun as the ones this game goes up against in terms of review. My opinion no doubt but, i just dont feel like a souls like game should have this title (along with a BR game).

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I'm just really hoping PCG posts a mouse+keyboard rosetta stone for us.
The control port is so frustrating and while there are a bunch of partial controls lists out there none are complete.
For example finding out that holding spacebar is sprint, or that shift+E is two-handing is crazy pills.

I stopped playing today when I (while searching for the two-hander key combo) I swiched myself into toggled walk mode and couldn't get out of it. I probably hit ctrl+shift+alt+L click or something and so I just gave up.

Please create make a controls guide for us!

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS