Do you still buy games at full price?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2020
Visit site
What games have you bought multiple times?
Many of these I bought on sale so I didn't pay full price on both stores. These are some of my favorite all time games so I wanted to have DRM copies and to support the remasters. I'm a pretty big fan of Beamdog and appreciate the work they've done on my D&D games especially NWN.

No Man's Sky on both Steam and Windows 10.
Several SSI Gold Box games and the complete collection on GoG along with some original disk titles.
NWN, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 (and the enhanced editions), Icewind Dale (and enhanced), IWD 2 - Original disk version (only some of those titles not all), and then all both on Steam and GoG.
Betrayal at Krondor - original disk, GoG, and Steam
A couple of the Broken Sword games on GoG and Steam
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen - GoG, Steam
Dusk - GoG because the Steam copy I had was a review key and I wanted to support them. I guess it doesn't count quite as a double purchase.
Grim Dawn - GoG, Steam
Planescape Torment (and enhanced) - Steam, GoG
Turok 2 - GoG, Steam
Victor Vran - Steam, GoG
Skyrim - Steam, Playstation 4

There are a few more, but those are the main games. I don't do that as much anymore and mostly just buy on Steam now. I also don't play on my consoles much anymore either.

Rarely, but I will at times. I feel like it is sort of cheating but I did buy the Mass Effect Legendary Edition for full price, but that is also 3 full games. Most of the time I just don't feel the need to buy in right away, especially with so many games having questionable stability right at the start. But I'm also not deeply against paying $60 either. I've played plenty of games where I would have been satisfied had I paid full price.

Rarely, if I want a game that recently released, I'll usually buy it off G2A or Kinguin etc. Why pay full price for a game on day 1 when so few games release with few problems at launch or enough content. 95 percent of time I wait for big sales and I like to avoid feeling like a beta tester, so patience is a virtue, especially if you're like me and want more bang for the buck.

Sep 10, 2020
Visit site
I am willing to pay full price, but I definitely need to be more realistic in future. Last two full price games I bought were AC: Origins and Sekiro. I was hyped for both, Origins turned out to be dull and boring, and for Sekiro I'm simply too bad and too scared. Don't know why I ever thought I could beat this game...

Now that I think of it, I bought Planet Zoo at full price as well, and have no regrets. But yeah, I'm cautious.

I am willing to pay full price, but I definitely need to be more realistic in future. Last two full price games I bought were AC: Origins and Sekiro. I was hyped for both, Origins turned out to be dull and boring, and for Sekiro I'm simply too bad and too scared. Don't know why I ever thought I could beat this game...

Now that I think of it, I bought Planet Zoo at full price as well, and have no regrets. But yeah, I'm cautious.
I want sekiro, but work 60 hours a week and don't know if I have it in me to spend the required amount of time to git gud as they say, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS